What's new

BEST FEEL GOOD FINE EVER - Jones Beach

Lats

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2015
Messages
48
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went Jones Beach, Long Island last weekend. Took my Whites DFPI which means I dig up everything. Beach was pretty empty since this is the start of the season. I was working the shore line when I got a pretty strong hit. Dug down about 3 inches and came up with a 15 inch piece of wood with rusty nails sticking out from both ends. It was probably washed up during the winter and the surf covered it over with sand.

Threw it in the garbage and came away with a great feeling knowing that I probably saved someone or even a child from serious injury and a ruined day at the beach. After eight years of MD, I consider this my best ever find and that includes a $900 watch I once found.
 
Upvote 20
As Monty Burns would say .... "Excellent!!" Kudos for potentially saving someone or someone's pup from getting a nasty surprise.
 
Karma will thank you someday
 
Kudos.............that is classy......................STAY CLASSY LATSY..........
 
Great job! We all need to think about what we leave behind as if our own kids would be walking there.
 
Lats, Your actions are praised by us all! Thank you for your efforts and now go and find goodies! Sub 8-)
 
Could've been my feet! See you on the beach someday.
 
I was in atlantic city NJ a couple years ago and saw a lady get a huge gash in her foot from broken beer bottle glass, she had to get carted off the beach on a stretcher and go for stitches. Good job!
 
No good deed goes unrewarded. Thanks for making the beach safer for all those who will never know what you did. :notworthy:
 
01.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom