What's new

best for wet sand

barrywk

Full Member
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
225
Reaction score
134
Golden Thread
0
Location
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
going to the beach in a couple of weeks...My question is WHICH OF MY!! DETECTORS have people had better luck with in the wet sand.The reason wrote it like that is because someone is going to say none of the above or so an so detector is better...LOL...Im taking my AT pro...T2SE..an Xterra 505.Those are my only choices and i just wanna no who has had the best experience with those 3....Oh..and yes its saltwater beach....Thanx everyone....Barrywk
 
Upvote 0
I see quite a few AT Pro's at the beach. I think GatorBoy uses one (I could be wrong) and he finds more good stuff than anybody else here.
 
Really depends on the beach. My at pro is great in the dry sand. Here in southern Cali it goes crazy in the wet sand. Finally got a sand shark couple weeks ago now I'm hunting the wet sand and the surf. Happy hunting
 
Dry sand and the AT Pro.
 
I use the ATPRO in the sand and the Sand shark in the salt water... the ATPRO will find the smaller gold rings other machines miss.
 
I use the ATPRO in the sand and the Sand shark in the salt water... the ATPRO will find the smaller gold rings other machines miss.

I find gold rings smaller than a dime all the time with my cz21
 
My AT pro will hit small gold better than my CZ21...the CZ beats it on large gold and silver. Of the three detectors you have, the AT pro is probably going to be your best choice for wet sand.
 
It doesn't make any different which detector you get, but the one you like . Everyone on here thinks there detector is the best ,but you have to deside what is best for you. My self I like PI detectors. I have a sand shark, Tiger shark, ATX, AT PRO, and a Sea Hunter
 
It doesn't make any different which detector you get, but the one you like . Everyone on here thinks there detector is the best ,but you have to deside what is best for you. My self I like PI detectors. I have a sand shark, Tiger shark, ATX, AT PRO, and a Sea Hunter
Hes not getting a new detector. He just wanted to know which of the three he owns would be best for wet sand.
 
You will have to play with the adjustment on any of those machines since none are multi freq. which are better for salt water wet sand. A small coil might help as well since you can normally run them a little hotter. If you are taking them all..... great time to do some testing before you get down to business.

Dew
 
I agree with dew, if you are going to be able to take all three and have the time to use all three, it would be great to see how you fare with them individualy. Of course, if your not down with a head-to-head due to time etc. I think we would understand...I'm leaning towards how the 505 works out with the wet but if you only can run one I would think the AT pro would be the selection between the three due to the salt water aspect.

Whatever you choose...good luck and happy hunting! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom