Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got off work with very little daylight left but it was so beautiful outside I figured why not make the best of the time I had left.

So I went to one of my sports fields for a little while. Dug the "Best" junk ring ever, a decorative, genuine gold plated African charm of some kind, a little clad, a couple of old shell caps, and an old small hinge thingy. I upped my key count by 9 when I found a ring of keys and key fragments lying in the grass. Then there was the usual trash and Zincolns which I happily disposed of.

Best Junk Ring Ever and Other Stuff 6 25 2015 001.JPG

Not much of a hunt treasure wise but hey, every hunt can't be great (unless your name happens to be Treblehunter).
Still had a great time and the weather was perfect. Also upped my ring count to 26 even if it is junk. It's still a ring and we gotta' keep em' comin' to get to the good ones.

Thanks for lookin' & HH

Last edited:
Upvote 8

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had hundreds of day not as that good as you had, ha you have gold there. I like gold in any form. There are allot of guys posting on our site that are much better hunters than I am. I just lucked out with a great spot and dig allot.
Keep digging brother, keep trying new spots, sooner or later you will hit a good one!

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had hundreds of day not as that good as you had, ha you have gold there. I like gold in any form. There are allot of guys posting on our site that are much better hunters than I am. I just lucked out with a great spot and dig allot.
Keep digging brother, keep trying new spots, sooner or later you will hit a good one!

Oh I have some sweet spots and have already had some amazing finds this year that have truly surprised me. I haven't really gotten started yet either. This is only my second season and I plan to make it a good one.

I actually have a spot where people have swam for the last 80 years or so. Every time I hunt it I find silver and other cool stuff. Haven't gotten there yet this year but I'll be there soon. I'm in the process of waterproofing one of my earlier BH machines for just that; and other spots of course.

The field I just hunted has been really good to me so far, 4 nice rings (2 gold, 2 silver) and a few really nice old coins have come from there. It always gives up something. Just gotta get the trash out of the way.

I just couldn't resist the reference because you've been on a roll. I have no doubt there's lots of tough work and lots of trash involved. I'm not jealous I commend you and just pointing it out.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That " best " ring is a first for me. I have dug several junk ones but not one like that one lol. I haven't checked but my good to junk ratio isn't nearly as far apart as my junk coin to good coin ratio is lol. I am thinking people have started wearing better stuff since silver prices are down. Nice job clearing the way for your next hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread