What's new

Best scraper found so far

Cosmo

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
369
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this quartz scraper, broke drill and point. The cooler weather really allows for a better hunt. This is the best scraper,I have ever found. From Illinois.
 

Attachments

  • image-936316965.webp
    image-936316965.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 144
  • image-784649523.webp
    image-784649523.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 128
  • image-3051943427.webp
    image-3051943427.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3698824414.webp
    image-3698824414.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image-461353486.webp
    image-461353486.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Judging from the wear patterns I think your scraper was hafted and used to dig with. How big is it? Super find.
 
Thanks,it's about 3.5 long. 2 wide at the widest part,about 1 inch small end.
 
That is what I would call a chipped celt, A great find for sure:occasion14:
 
Monster,thanks for pointing that out. I googled some images, it does look a lot like some of the celts in the images. Sure hope it is a Celt.
 
Very nice Celt/Adze, definitely not just a scraper. Material looks like Burlington chert, maybe its just the pics. Thanks for the view.
 
Super nice find !!!!!
 
Thanks for the info everyone.Here is the only other Celt,I have ever found. This is what,I think of when,I think of a Celt. Glad you guys could I D the flint one for me. The granite one is 5 inches from Illinois.
 

Attachments

  • image-4150793104.webp
    image-4150793104.webp
    78.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2150237137.webp
    image-2150237137.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 113
it sure is a nice piece

i think the purpose of use is some thing possibly different than a scraper?
 
Caveman's tool? Cool
 
This is about 2.5 long. Would this be a small Celt?
 

Attachments

  • image-3335634458.webp
    image-3335634458.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1064715127.webp
    image-1064715127.webp
    37 KB · Views: 108
  • image-3963921017.webp
    image-3963921017.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2308007505.webp
    image-2308007505.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 105

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom