robfinds
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 6, 2007
- Messages
- 3,531
- Reaction score
- 4,422
- Golden Thread
- 5
- Location
- Yorkshire England
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- XP Goldmax
Upvote
0
Bit like playing the lottery Iron Patch, keep goingIron Patch said:No such thing as good soil for my sites. There's bad, and worse, and that's about it. I do have some finds that really beat the odds but it's only a very small % of what I have dug.
The problem Rob is getting the very rare find in soil like that so it really counts!
robfinds said:Bit like playing the lottery Iron Patch, keep goingIron Patch said:No such thing as good soil for my sites. There's bad, and worse, and that's about it. I do have some finds that really beat the odds but it's only a very small % of what I have dug.
The problem Rob is getting the very rare find in soil like that so it really counts!![]()
What did you findIron Patch said:robfinds said:Bit like playing the lottery Iron Patch, keep goingIron Patch said:No such thing as good soil for my sites. There's bad, and worse, and that's about it. I do have some finds that really beat the odds but it's only a very small % of what I have dug.
The problem Rob is getting the very rare find in soil like that so it really counts!![]()
Yep, but when you hit one, you really hit one! I didn't do it in any better soil, but kinda had that happen to me in 2001. Dug a rare one, but also got the condition which can be tough to do in our plowed fields.

robfinds said:What did you findIron Patch said:robfinds said:Bit like playing the lottery Iron Patch, keep goingIron Patch said:No such thing as good soil for my sites. There's bad, and worse, and that's about it. I do have some finds that really beat the odds but it's only a very small % of what I have dug.
The problem Rob is getting the very rare find in soil like that so it really counts!![]()
Yep, but when you hit one, you really hit one! I didn't do it in any better soil, but kinda had that happen to me in 2001. Dug a rare one, but also got the condition which can be tough to do in our plowed fields.![]()
That was definately worth the wait Iron PatchIron Patch said:robfinds said:What did you findIron Patch said:robfinds said:Bit like playing the lottery Iron Patch, keep goingIron Patch said:No such thing as good soil for my sites. There's bad, and worse, and that's about it. I do have some finds that really beat the odds but it's only a very small % of what I have dug.
The problem Rob is getting the very rare find in soil like that so it really counts!![]()
Yep, but when you hit one, you really hit one! I didn't do it in any better soil, but kinda had that happen to me in 2001. Dug a rare one, but also got the condition which can be tough to do in our plowed fields.![]()
I posted it here http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,310212.0.html
At the time it was a very rare button and may be the best known considering it's better than the one which was always used in the books and owned by the New York Historical society. I thought it was modern until getting through the first two words and seeing the crown in the middle.... then the adrenaline rush hit.

robfinds said:That was definately worth the wait Iron PatchIron Patch said:robfinds said:What did you findIron Patch said:robfinds said:Bit like playing the lottery Iron Patch, keep goingIron Patch said:No such thing as good soil for my sites. There's bad, and worse, and that's about it. I do have some finds that really beat the odds but it's only a very small % of what I have dug.
The problem Rob is getting the very rare find in soil like that so it really counts!![]()
Yep, but when you hit one, you really hit one! I didn't do it in any better soil, but kinda had that happen to me in 2001. Dug a rare one, but also got the condition which can be tough to do in our plowed fields.![]()
I posted it here http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,310212.0.html
At the time it was a very rare button and may be the best known considering it's better than the one which was always used in the books and owned by the New York Historical society. I thought it was modern until getting through the first two words and seeing the crown in the middle.... then the adrenaline rush hit.![]()

Iron Patch said:robfinds said:That was definately worth the wait Iron PatchIron Patch said:robfinds said:What did you findIron Patch said:robfinds said:Bit like playing the lottery Iron Patch, keep goingIron Patch said:No such thing as good soil for my sites. There's bad, and worse, and that's about it. I do have some finds that really beat the odds but it's only a very small % of what I have dug.
The problem Rob is getting the very rare find in soil like that so it really counts!![]()
Yep, but when you hit one, you really hit one! I didn't do it in any better soil, but kinda had that happen to me in 2001. Dug a rare one, but also got the condition which can be tough to do in our plowed fields.![]()
I posted it here http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,310212.0.html
At the time it was a very rare button and may be the best known considering it's better than the one which was always used in the books and owned by the New York Historical society. I thought it was modern until getting through the first two words and seeing the crown in the middle.... then the adrenaline rush hit.![]()
It was four digits of fun.![]()

shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:robfinds said:That was definately worth the wait Iron PatchIron Patch said:robfinds said:What did you findIron Patch said:robfinds said:Bit like playing the lottery Iron Patch, keep goingIron Patch said:No such thing as good soil for my sites. There's bad, and worse, and that's about it. I do have some finds that really beat the odds but it's only a very small % of what I have dug.
The problem Rob is getting the very rare find in soil like that so it really counts!![]()
Yep, but when you hit one, you really hit one! I didn't do it in any better soil, but kinda had that happen to me in 2001. Dug a rare one, but also got the condition which can be tough to do in our plowed fields.![]()
I posted it here http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,310212.0.html
At the time it was a very rare button and may be the best known considering it's better than the one which was always used in the books and owned by the New York Historical society. I thought it was modern until getting through the first two words and seeing the crown in the middle.... then the adrenaline rush hit.![]()
It was four digits of fun.![]()
What you do in your own time is up to you IP![]()

Sweet ColinSilver Searcher said:
Didn't have to do much to this :P apart from a quick wash
SS
ED1strobfinds said:Sweet ColinSilver Searcher said:
Didn't have to do much to this :P apart from a quick wash
SSEdward 111 York mint ?.
have had eight from same corner off field, about 10 square yards
a lot of rubble there though
I think a hoard under a later building 