GPURS said:
I thought LJ was going to sell some of hers on consignment with a local coin dealer, but I never heard anything else about it

. I don't expect to ever get much over face for any of mine.. HH, Gpurs...
Yes GPURS, pretty good memory. It wasn't consignment though. I sold a dozen or so outright to the local coin dealer for $1 each. He put a little mark up and put them in his 'Bargain Bin" basket.
On my return visits I would always ask if he sold any and he said he did but wasn't sure how many. So I would go through his big basket. They eventually all sold. He marked them up to $2 each.
Obviously they were not a big money maker for either of us but at least I did find a market for them and doubled my money while he doubled his at the same time. I haven't brought anymore to him and I still pull them when I come across them.