Beware Of Scams

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay vigilant, 2 scam threads were deleted, member's account was hacked. If a sale seems to good to be true it probably is. Equinox 800 for $350 or CTX3030 for $400 is a sign that something isn't right.
Thanks TH. Fortunately I have no worries for money. A Nigerian prince has a fortune waiting for me to collect.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. Fortunately I have no worries for money. A Nigerian prince has a fortune waiting for me to collect.
GREAT NEWS! I just sent the prince $10,000 to free up the money through customs. I should have $33,000,000 in my bank account within 3 days!! I am over the moon!!!

Seriously, some poor old guy living here in my county, sent some scammers $10,000 for an RV that they were going to ship to him. Can you believe that? And after a couple of weeks of waiting and calling to get his RV, he went to police. No RV. No money. Poor guy. Too good to be true then it is not true.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The 800 for $350 AD seemed too cheap, was waiting for the out of warranty + it drowned reason.
Was the hack on the same member or separate ?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Stay vigilant, 2 scam threads were deleted, member's account was hacked. If a sale seems to good to be true it probably is. Equinox 800 for $350 or CTX3030 for $400 is a sign that something isn't right.

The IPs for threads were from France.
That was me that someone hacked. I was out of town for two days at the Treasure Hunters Cookout. When I got home I saw someone trying to sell the Equinox and the CTX using my account. I immediately notified the buyer that it was a scam. I notified Treasure_Hunter and then changed my password. I hope that helped. I have no idea how they hacked my account.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was me that someone hacked. I was out of town for two days at the Treasure Hunters Cookout. When I got home I saw someone trying to sell the Equinox and the CTX using my account. I immediately notified the buyer that it was a scam. I notified Treasure_Hunter and then changed my password. I hope that helped. I have no idea how they hacked my account.
Salvor, you're good, I know you are trustworthy, once I saw the IPs were from France I deleted the threads and sent you PM to be sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread