Bgt 30" prospector

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I may have an opportunity to purchase one. I was curious as to the difference between the prospector and miner. Also how well does the 30" prospector perform without classifying? I'm really tired of classifying. It takes up all my time and is very difficult to move much material. I want to be able to just shovel material in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never used a Miner but my 30" Prospector is great. Depending on water you may have to scrape some bigger rocks off the grizzly with your shovel from time to time but really no big deal. My gold intake increased a lot compared to other sluices I have used.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30 Inch prospector would be a great buy. Seems a little small compared to the 48 inch prospector though :) (kidding I wish I had one of each sized to be honest), Its like a little washplant and excersise gym in one.
Also, I'll be getting the 36 inch sniper as soon as funds allow. Great job BazookaGoldTrap! Now get back to that highbanker mod ;-) <3

I for one can't wait to flex my shovel muscles on Saturday.
Annnnnd one.
And Two.
And Three
Feel the burn!
And Two
And Three
haha <3

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What about the new snipers? Can you just shovel into them?

The target area is larger than the super mini by a 6" length and a extra inch on the flare. You can shovel into them, it just depends on your aim :) Also, allow time for the individual shovel loads to process, which is much quicker with the sniper than the mini line.

HTH.

Chris

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
30 Inch prospector would be a great buy. Seems a little small compared to the 48 inch prospector though :) (kidding I wish I had one of each sized to be honest), Its like a little washplant and excersise gym in one.
Also, I'll be getting the 36 inch sniper as soon as funds allow. Great job BazookaGoldTrap! Now get back to that highbanker mod ;-) <3

I for one can't wait to flex my shovel muscles on Saturday.
Annnnnd one.
And Two.
And Three
Feel the burn!
And Two
And Three
haha <3

Thanks! We're hard at work on the highbanker kits.. we've been through several manifold designs we scrapped and have almost settled on the final. We're behind on schedule with them due to the Sniper (sorry!), but we know you'll be happy with what we put out.

Chris

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
30 Inch prospector would be a great buy. Seems a little small compared to the 48 inch prospector though :) (kidding I wish I had one of each sized to be honest), Its like a little washplant and excersise gym in one. Also, I'll be getting the 36 inch sniper as soon as funds allow. Great job BazookaGoldTrap! Now get back to that highbanker mod ;-) <3 I for one can't wait to flex my shovel muscles on Saturday. Annnnnd one. And Two. And Three Feel the burn! And Two And Three haha <3
Saturday, who's waiting for the weekend? Weather and my schedule at work are aligning on tomorrow afternoon...sooooo excited to get my 30" Prospector wet! And, yes, I shovel straight into it all the time, heck sometimes I toss the dirt into it from a few feet away...lotsa gold, lotsa good exercise, lotsa fun in the winter sun!

Last edited:

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
That was the news I needed to hear from bazooka. As soon as the high bankers are available I will be buying a BGT. Going to be a golden summer with that setup. So hurry up Bazooka.

Jdrasberry

Greenie
Aug 27, 2013
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200, White's Bullseye 140mm
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The target area is larger than the super mini by a 6" length and a extra inch on the flare. You can shovel into them, it just depends on your aim :) Also, allow time for the individual shovel loads to process, which is much quicker with the sniper than the mini line.

HTH.

Chris

Thanks Chris

I will be ordering from you next week.

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

HTH.

Chris

I should of proofed this before I hit send. The target area info is based on the 30" sniper in comparison to the super mini. The target area on the 24" Sniper and Super Mini are the same size.

OP
OP
tyeechinook

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the difference in the sniper and the prospector? And I see two options for different grizzlys. Heavy and regular?

Jdrasberry

Greenie
Aug 27, 2013
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200, White's Bullseye 140mm
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the difference in the sniper and the prospector? And I see two options for different grizzlys. Heavy and regular?

The Sniper is still small like the minis. Though the trap is bigger than the minis. Either one of these are smaller, lighter and don't flow as much water as the Prospectors.

The Prospectors are at least double the weight and size of the Sniper. They also flow much more water and have bigger flares and bigger fluid trap boxes. The larger grizzlies just allow a little larger rock into the fluid trap. With either grizzly you still will be picking rocks out of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread