BH 3300 coin depth range

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
Damp soil is where I got a 1917 merc. dime at 7 inches and 2 quarters at a bit over 8 inches. That was using max sensitivity in a place I had searched 5 times before and dug up all the surface targets and most of the iron junk. I try to search public parks right after they mow the grass or after a good rain.

J

JDETT

I dug a merc in about 9to 10" in black, very damp top soil. Sens at 4. G balance at 0 no Discrim. The coin was nearly eaten away.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About nine inches max. Why does that sound sound scary to me? Fruedian slip? ;) Monty

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wheats at 7 in old yard........still missing all silver.....beginning to get bummed.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found that finding wheats does not necessarily lead to silver. Sometimes a person may have hunted the property and discriminated out pennies and took most of the silver. Monty

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
It has no trouble picking up my freshly planted 6" deep dime & 6" deep nickel, but they give the ID of 199 like everything at 6"+ in moderately mineralized soil. HH, George (MN)

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hit a 1929 wheaty at 10 to 12 inches in a sandy damp soil at a beach park.

mamo

Feb 2, 2008
Sheffield PA
Detector(s) used
white's v-3 I DD10' and 5.3'
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a bh 3300 As a back up fond thees:Morgen at 7 1/2 5 IHP at 7' to get the IHP was hard very iffy senile"s. I only pad $100 for it got that back plus more :P

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this topic has been revived I'll confess to taking mine out day before yesterday. Hadn't had it out for awhile due to the inclimate weather. Went to a well hunted playground just to have something to do and reacquaint myself with the 3300. I hit the gravel where I found a watch last summer and the darn thing kept falsing about a foot from the steel mounting posts. I had the first 3 iron icons discriminated out too and turned the sensitivity way down. I was using the standard coil but I have a sniper type 4 1/2" coil I should have used. Just found some small change but one penny was about 7" down in the harder packed damp gravel. Didn't have any trouble picking up small targets as I think someone dumped some copper plated BBs as I found several but they were very hard to pick out of the pea gravel. Got it ground balanced the first try and I had had some trouble getting it to ground balance in the past. Overall it was fun to use and light weight and easy to swing. I had a BH LandRanger , a much more expensive machine with more bells and whistles but I sold it some time back. The little 3300 is easier and more fun to use in my opinion. I might be missing something because I couldn't find my manual, but every time I'd pinpoint I'd lose my settings. It's a fun litle machine and ideal for the reason I bought it. Cheap, good backup and probably pretty good for those club hunts where silver dimes and quarters are right under the surface. I think I'll give it a try at my next club sponsored hunt just to see if I can swing it easier and go a little faster as speed is of the essence. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread