WHat is a good bounty hunter detector to find deeper coins?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys. i am thinking about spending $200-$300 on my next detector. The Bounty hunter Tracker IV was good but i want one that will find deeper coins and has a better display screen. Any ideas on which one i would want to get? I want a bounty hunter so i dont have to buy the coils again and all i ahve to do is keep the ones i have.

B

BIG BAD JOHN

DF: I'd have to vote for the LandStar, LandRanger, or TimeRanger. I've got a 3300 and it works pretty good down to about 7" or 8", but it's nowhere as deep as my friend's TR. He can nail a dime at 10" with accurate TID and VDI. My next machine is a TR. Hope this helps. BBJ.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless of all the hype, I think about 9" is about max for any machine with any measure of reliability. Just my observation from a thousand and one posts. Monty

S

Scots Gaelic

I have a QD II, it hunts the best between 4-14 inches! ( I found one of those little lighter flint wheels @ 10" ((you know, where your thumb swipes down to "strike it")).

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Detectingfreak,

Here's my two cents: Go for one of the models that has tone ID and digital readout as to what the target is. (usually 5 to 7 catagories). BH has made so many models with these feathures that I did'nt try to name the models. This includes the BH Radio Shack models. They work well and are low budget. PM me if I can help you further. Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread