BH Pioneer 505 question

juniorb

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
BH 505 Excal II
Hello all,
Got one of these for Christmas, live at the beach, it does pretty good (as far as I know) in the dry sand, but the minute I get close to the wet stuff it alternates all three tones on every swing. I know some detectors are better for my environment, but is there a way to tune it to perform here. I'm already running the lowest sensitivity setting and no discrim. Please help me out, unfornately I told the wife I wouldn't ask for a new one until I found enough to equal what this one cost. (That's a lot of pennies,.....so far the tally is 5 cent and one 25th anniversary game token from Peter Piper Pizza:)
Thanks for reading.

Upvote 0

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Lets see if I can remember. If you put it in the mode where it detects with no motion (All Metal) you can ground balance it. Right now you are in Discrimination (DISC) mode and it requires motion to detect a target and gives you depth and multi tone readout info. All Metal mode does not have different tones.

So, once you get it in All Metal mode, hold the coil close to the ground and press the Ground Balance button. You will need to do this often on the beach. The black sands effect this detector alot, but you can get it to work. Just not in DISC mode.

Good Luck,

Robert in SC

OP
OP
J

juniorb

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
BH 505 Excal II
Thank you, I've played with that a little, but to be honest, only half-heartedly,...I'll give it an honest try tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions