What's new

Bicentennial Dream Box

ronbo22

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
410
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Opened up todays Brinks box and saw nothing but double dates and Independence Hall. after finishing the boc I had 972 bicentennials and 28 clads. The ultimate skunk box.
 
Upvote 0
Great sco..

Oh wait. That sucks dude. At least you cheered me up a bit.
 
I got a batch like that earlier this year too, out of 6 boxes 1 was 100% bicentennials and 2 others were well over 50%. Someone must have dumped a barrel full. HH Mark
 
Not to make light of your crappy score, but earlier this year when I was going through a bad run, I would assemble boxes of bicentennials. What I called "Fun with Skunks". It was more a way to see how many bicentennials I was looking at.
 
Wow ! Bi- cens are so scarce around here that I can't imagine the thrill you felt. May you never be cursed like that again !!
 
I love the title of this post. "bicentennial dream box"

I was thinking positive for you in finding the bicentennial silver "s"

But that absolutely sucks that you found that many. I hope my boxes today dont turn out like that.


-bigJ
 
Bicentennials might be good for spending. People will keep coins that they don't see often.. Bicentennials would probably be viewed as rare by normal population. I try to spend with my dumps everytime I'm buying something.
 
i got 2 solid boxes of them yesterday. i posted about it. i wonder if they have been all sitting in a bag in a vault someplace since 1976? all the ones i found yesterday were mint state. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
 
:icon_scratch:

A box like that would have freaked me out, hopefully you have recovered from the half-box twilight zone!!!

do do do do do do do do do do LOL :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Wow...what did you do to piss off the silver gods??? Sounds like someone must have unloaded a sealed bag or something...were they uncirculated?

If so, there might be an opportunity to sell them in lots on feebay....
 
chow said:
Wow...what did you do to piss off the silver gods??? Sounds like someone must have unloaded a sealed bag or something...were they uncirculated?

If so, there might be an opportunity to sell them in lots on feebay....

Lots of mixed condition from bu to dog chewed
 
found a box last year that had about 25 - 30 bi-"cent-enders" I thought crappy box! Wrong! 50 franklins in the box! one of my my best box to date>
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom