What's new

Big Brass Stopper,for what/

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the second one of these I've found in an old farm field,now I'm curious to what they were used for. God Bless Chris
 
Heh, pics!
 

Attachments

  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    103.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
Hopefully there weren't cattle dip vats of the type used in Florida and elsewhere years ago....
Wright
 
Upvote 0
This is just a guess because I've never saw one in brass, but it reminds me of the hanging platform on a beam scale that you would add weights to increase the capacity of the scales.
Like I said, just a guess.
NOV11_146JJ.webp

Charles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom