What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What base metal is this

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
10,893
Golden Thread
0
Found yesterday at the 1840 homesite . Just curious if this is turn of 19th century or earlier . I've never found one corroded past the brass or copper layer
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8532.webp
    IMG_8532.webp
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8533.webp
    IMG_8533.webp
    961.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8535.webp
    IMG_8535.webp
    660.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8534.webp
    IMG_8534.webp
    989.2 KB · Views: 25
Base metal is possibly pewter. Where I live the limestone soil is hard on copper and brass, but silver comes out of the ground probably almost as good looking at the day it went in.
 
Upvote 0
I wish I had pulled a silver

, I got one silver spoon bowl but no complete one
If the spoon was whole it probably wouldn't have been in the hole. Good luck pulling any silver!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom