Big copper

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    811.5 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 27
OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
F*** me!!!!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nova!!! Time to give your cleaning skills the ultimate test. Good luck and congrats!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn Sweet Copper!!! Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
That didn't take long (barber) Nice old copper! Good luck on the cleaning and grats on the cool finds....U LUKY dirty......Joe!

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow!! Incredible find! Nova & Barber Congrats! I need to get out there tomorrow morning. But don't think I will see anything close to that.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the rest of the stuff from 2 city parks, weird day, bale seal, 2 silver (one lister) the nova, JC, A 1904 injun, a Pittsburgh railways token from 1922, a broach and some clad. Thanks for watching

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    965 KB · Views: 79

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a killer coin! I hope it cleans up nice. Good luck!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice, is that Barber an 07? Congratulations, nice hunt

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F*** me!!!!

Umm, no. But man, great find!! Do not use the hot peroxide method yet. For now, a touch of mineral oil and a toothpick. Once again, great find!

aj

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now those are some great looking finds from a city park. :occasion14:
How come when I detected inner parks all I found was pennies & pull-tabs. :laughing7:

Congrats on the Nova Constellatio copper find Bob!

Dave

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn Joe that is an amazing coin to find! We need to know which variation that is. Could be rare and valuable. If you look on the pcgs coin facts app the first one listed is worth a few thousand even in the lowest grade and the one they have pictured has "environmental damage" and it's listed as such which as far as I can tell means it's super rare because they rarely use photos of damaged coins. I'm envious. Not in a bad way. Just in a "this guy found this coin in Mass and I wish I did!" haha! But congrats. As far as cleaning you might lose all detail if you try to tooth pick that so be super careful. I had a draped bust large cent and as I was cleaning the reverse I quickly realized I wasn't cleaning it I was obliterating it. Sadly sometimes it's best to leave the dirt on it and coat it with museum wax. Wait for an expert to chime in.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Damn Joe that is an amazing coin to find! We need to know which variation that is. Could be rare and valuable. If you look on the pcgs coin facts app the first one listed is worth a few thousand even in the lowest grade and the one they have pictured has "environmental damage" and it's listed as such which as far as I can tell means it's super rare because they rarely use photos of damaged coins. I'm envious. Not in a bad way. Just in a "this guy found this coin in Mass and I wish I did!" haha! But congrats. As far as cleaning you might lose all detail if you try to tooth pick that so be super careful. I had a draped bust large cent and as I was cleaning the reverse I quickly realized I wasn't cleaning it I was obliterating it. Sadly sometimes it's best to leave the dirt on it and coat it with museum wax. Wait for an expert to chime in.
Funny you should say that about the draped bust cent, I pulled one out on Sunday morning and with one wipe schmeeered all the detail away. I actually found three other coppers over the weekend, all basically smoked because they were sitting in low, damp areas. Thanks for the advice, I cleaned the nova under a magnifying glass a little with a tooth pick but got too nervous and just put it in a flip.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boom baby I'll banner that grats on the barber also the addiction is in full throttle lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread