Big Foreign Silver and Huge Sterling!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey folks,

I haven’t been out much lately because I’ve been busy with work and the weather here has been downright nasty. Got out to an area today between rain showers that I had low expectations for. I’ve hit it a little and haven’t found much but I’ve done well nearby so I figured it was worth another go.

Well, I’m glad I did. A King George V Canadian silver has been at the top of my bucket list for nearly 2 years, right up there with a seated coin and a gold coin. I got a pretty solid signal I thought could be a silver dime. I popped out a quarter that I thought had a good chance of being silver but it was hard to tell because it was pretty caked. I figured it was a silver GW. I ran some water over it and was shocked to see an old Canadian silver!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555198049.545299.jpg

Didn’t find much else so I was heading back to the car as the rain picked up and got a banging signal an inch deep in a few inches of water. I dug around and saw a turquoise stone. It is so big I figured it was a piece of costume jewelry. When I picked it up it felt pretty heavy and then I saw the sterling mark. Score!! I found a matching ring for sale online for over $200.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555198150.168828.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555198159.752349.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555198169.352582.jpg

Pretty awesome, especially for a short hunt.

Thanks for looking and good luck out there!
-W

Upvote 32
Those are some nice finds when your old and grey you are gonna have a huge collection of coins and goodies Well done

Nice job on finally finding a KG. That ring though is awesome, how much does it weigh?

Last edited:
Nice silver Canadian coin! I love finding Canadian coins. That ring is awesome! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Great finds, congrats on some big silver!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back