What's new

Big little and groovy

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
just thought I’d post the largest and smallest grooves hammer I have.

The large one, a 3/4 groove, I rescued from a farmer friend who was using it for a garage door stop. It weighs 13.5 lbs . The second I found a couple miles away above the same river and it weighs in at a whopping 3.6 ounces.

anyone else is sure welcome to post their big big and small grooved pieces

F1B40E3C-978C-4A71-BD7D-4CD1506E8BD0.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
SCaxeA.webpSCaxeSide3.webp From the Piedmont of SC
 
Growing up on a farm that, I still own at 77 years of age, we found several axes/hammers but none the size of the first one. The ones we have are not the same shape as these shown. It's obvious they were hafted tools but I still, at that primitive stage, wonder how could they have constructed strong enough hafting to work. I've chopped and split many, many,cords of wood and it takes a healthy swing with a sharp iron ax. I give them my admiration.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom