What's new

Big old fish hand line weight

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,936
Reaction score
9,273
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hunting a grown in yard on a beach that two 1843 coins were found recently and didn't have much luck but i did find this old fish weight. Just thought id post it because its a little different then the usual plain ones found around here. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
 
Upvote 0
Heres the pics...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444926188.489355.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444926205.233053.webp
 
I think it would be called a "down rigger". Cant find any exactly like it online yet. Im guessing early 1900's though!
 
Very cool! Would love to find one. At least a century old I'm guessing & the first I've seen. Congrats on your very interesting find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom