What's new

big orange vs big blue

tnmudman

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
709
Reaction score
1,537
Golden Thread
0
Location
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have always called these big orange and big blue they were found by my brother in Warren co I was very happy to acquire them is the orange one a Pickwick or Adena maybe? I guess the blue one is knife I'm thinking they would be woodland era any thoughts?I didn't mean to include the statue pics someone showed me that yesterday
 

Attachments

  • 20170307_194724.webp
    20170307_194724.webp
    708.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 20170307_205713.webp
    20170307_205713.webp
    347.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20170307_163759.webp
    20170307_163759.webp
    609.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170307_163711.webp
    20170307_163711.webp
    588.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 20170307_163743.webp
    20170307_163743.webp
    639.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20170307_205236.webp
    20170307_205236.webp
    282.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20170307_204726.webp
    20170307_204726.webp
    443.3 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
Very nice, where were they found, state (Warren co, Ohio)?
"Blue" certainly looks like some Ohio Coshocton Upper mercer blue chert and that one does have a roughly Adena style beavertail base...and the orange one could be a Pickwick as well.
Can you get some pics that are in direct sunlight and true to color?
 
thanks buckleberry they were found in middle tennessee i will try to get some better pics this evening what about that statue it supposedly was found in a cave in tennessee he took it to archaeologist they said it was aztec and was possibly traded for not sure how much i believe but it did look very old
 
The figurine is very cool.
 
No on the statue but the others are cool.
 
Still very nice colors...that does look like our Coshocton chert, but likely isn't, a bit more blue in it than ours.
I really don't think the ceramic is ancient.
Maybe Joshua will comment on that, he's seen many new and old.
 
thanks for the comments the story on the statue seems very unlikely rock just says no lol it looks like its holding a platapus it is hollow
 
Beautiful colors.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom