What's new

Big preform

choo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
833
Reaction score
2,489
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this big preform last wknd it's got cortex on the back side not a bad find thought I would show it to you all!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    477.6 KB · Views: 127
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    458.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    425.4 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
Looks like a core to. I havent found a big study piece in a while nice one.
 
yep, i would call it a core too...still a neat find.
 
why would you call it a core instead of a preform? could it be an expedient tool? maybe a discarded piece that wasn't working for the knapper?
 
because it has big scars that would be nice size flakes to make point from...and it looks like cores that i have found and seen.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom