dognose
Silver Member
In May 2019 I posted about a relic I had then recently obtained at a farm estate sale of Robert Harrison of West Liberty, Champaign County Ohio.
Here is that post URL
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/plumet-or-broken-axe-part-what-could-it-be.607508/
At that sale, there were 2 large axes, a broken spud and a few other nice relics. My buddy obtained the undamaged large axe, and I obtained what I thought then was a broken axe, which I later identified as an axe in the process of being re-sharpened. Here is that post URL:
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/a-salvaged-axe-from-champaign-county-ohio.721916/
Here is the 2019 photo of both axes at the estate sale.
The unknown relic I now think is a Vasiform Pipe Preform. I think this due to a relic which is in a Bennett sale today - 08/23/2026. Here is that lot URL:
www.proxibid.com
I obtained the broken spud which I later had repaired by Scott StoneKing in July 2019. The spud, when joined, is approx. 15 inches long.
Here is that spud broken and repaired.
the break area
Finally I think I know what that relic actually is. Not some sort of plummet, but a a Vasiform Pipe Preform.
Here is that post URL
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/plumet-or-broken-axe-part-what-could-it-be.607508/
At that sale, there were 2 large axes, a broken spud and a few other nice relics. My buddy obtained the undamaged large axe, and I obtained what I thought then was a broken axe, which I later identified as an axe in the process of being re-sharpened. Here is that post URL:
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/a-salvaged-axe-from-champaign-county-ohio.721916/
Here is the 2019 photo of both axes at the estate sale.
The unknown relic I now think is a Vasiform Pipe Preform. I think this due to a relic which is in a Bennett sale today - 08/23/2026. Here is that lot URL:
1 1/2" Vasiform Pipe Preform found at the Gallipolis Ferry Site in Mason Co., West Virgina. | Art, Antiques & Collectibles Artifacts & Archaeology Ancient Artifacts | Online Auctions | Proxibid
1 1/2" Vasiform Pipe Preform found at the Gallipolis Ferry Site in Mason Co., West Virgina.
I obtained the broken spud which I later had repaired by Scott StoneKing in July 2019. The spud, when joined, is approx. 15 inches long.
Here is that spud broken and repaired.
the break area
Finally I think I know what that relic actually is. Not some sort of plummet, but a a Vasiform Pipe Preform.
Upvote
0
?






