80 : Some guy's been threatening you for a while. Shot your dog. Bad blood. He comes onto your property drunk, with a gun. Looking for trouble. One thing leads to another and you waste him. Malice afforethought ? Yep. Justifiable ? If you live around here, also Yep. Make it easy though. Second degree.
Switch gears now.
What's great about this place, to me, is how much
I'm learning here. For one thing, not to go running off at the mouth so loosely, like I did in this thread. My big-picture mentality thinking's getting tightened up by addressing component details (and having people's
critiques in return).
Seeing unifaces people have found shown in site collection contexts is a major plus, to me. Once I get a halfway decent impression of a site from the range of what's found there (and how much of it), the tools from it have a context. And big collections of them from known locations, like Joshuareem's, are a dream come true.
One really big hitter I have to mention has been interacting with Neanderthal. He's answered my question "Then who else did ?" Case in point : the artifact (from Texas) I pictured in
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259175.0.html
(it was this one I meant to compare the Alabama one to, by the way).
It turns out that the Jarrel phase of the Texas (Middle) Archaic
did make stuff very similar to this. In fact, it turns out that one of them is posted here on this site :
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,75061.0.html
(scroll down to around picture number 25 or so. If you clicked the link to mine, you'll recognise it). They can't be very common, as I've never seen one on a dealers' site or on eBay, but they exist. In another case, it turns out that a big endscraper/spokeshave on a lamellar blade I was sure had to be Paleo turns out to be Western Hopewell. Which, like Texas Archaic cultures, seems to be off the screen -- tough to find good information on (at least in the places I've been looking). So a BIG Thanks to You, Neanderthal, for furthering my own education.
I've already learned, in two months, how many holes there are in my knowledge of stuff west of the Mississippi. To many to make continental generalizations about, for sure.
So it's definitely a two-way street here
Thanks in return !