What's new

BIG Silver...and a lot more keepers Today!!

Nooberz

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
547
Reaction score
303
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out again today to knock on some doors. First house i stopped at I received the go ahead. I had high expectations for this yard but it was empty with the exception of the 1928 Merc and the smashed Indian. The Indian puts me at 4 so far this year. Next house I stopped at I got the go ahead after some good salesmanship. This yard didn't disappoint at all. First good target was the 1951G Silver 5 Deutsche Mark. It is a pretty neat coin with words on the edge. Next target was the 1944 Washington with wheats in between. That takes me to 5 silver for 2012. I also snagged a 25 token and a whats it coin.

The whatsit coin is a tad larger than an american penny. It weighs nearly 3 grams. It is also slightly thinner than an american penny. There is a design on it but I can't make it out. I held an LED light to the side of the coin and still could get no better details.

Happy Hunting Everyone!!
 

Attachments

  • DSC_02131.webp
    DSC_02131.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC_02171.webp
    DSC_02171.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 495
  • DSC_02241.webp
    DSC_02241.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 572
  • DSC_02301.webp
    DSC_02301.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 531
  • DSC_02351.webp
    DSC_02351.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC_02371.webp
    DSC_02371.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 502
  • DSC_02381.webp
    DSC_02381.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0
you got some great coins :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
I have an Indian that looks just like that!! lol Maybe a mean kid back in the day with a hammer?? :violent1: Nice silver though... and great start for the year!! And the "mistery" coin... maybe nickel?
 
SeatedorBust said:
I have an Indian that looks just like that!! lol Maybe a mean kid back in the day with a hammer?? :violent1: Nice silver though... and great start for the year!! And the "mistery" coin... maybe nickel?

It came in way to high for a nickel. The diameter is relatively close to that of a nickel, but other than that everything else is off.
 
Nooberz said:
SeatedorBust said:
I have an Indian that looks just like that!! lol Maybe a mean kid back in the day with a hammer?? :violent1: Nice silver though... and great start for the year!! And the "mistery" coin... maybe nickel?

It came in way to high for a nickel. The diameter is relatively close to that of a nickel, but other than that everything else is off.
Never seen a coin so corroded except maybe in salt water.... not ever sure how you'd go about cleaning it without destroying it. Maybe electrolisis? Or it could be another foreign coin....
 
Wow, really nice!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Ur killing it Kyle! Sweet hunt!
 
Cool Deutsche Mark!! I remember getting fined 5DM in Germany (on the spot) for jay walking ;D
 
Good finds for sure. Kicking butt on silver congratulations. Say that is one injured Indian. :icon_scratch:

Burdie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom