Big Silver at an old 50s playground plus 2 more silvers!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Silver at an old 50's playground plus 2 more silvers!

Same neighborhood I've been hitting since last week and I found an open lot where there used to be a school playground. I scouted it after the 2nd of two permissions I got and dug 2 wheats and a toasted Buff. So I went back today to dig some silver. In the morning I watched a youtube vid of DeepDiggerDuo from back home in Chicago and he found a Walking Liberty Half Dollar and I said to myself "man wouldn't that be nice getting some big silver". Heres a link to the vid https://youtu.be/J6pyPgkATU8 if that works. After about an hour I dug a 62 Washington (#9Silver)and a 64 Rosie (#10) and figured that would be my silver because I've only ever found 2 silvers in one day. I started to detect around this huge live oak where apparently they had some sort of swing attached to back in the day (according to a nice old man on a bike). Got a screaming signal and I assumed it would be just some big hunk of trash. Popped the plug and right on the bottom is BIG SILVER! My first Walking Liberty 1941-D (#11)! Cant wait to get back out there! Hope you guys had a great weekend!

IMG_2976.jpgIMG_2977.jpg
IMG_2979.jpgIMG_2980.jpgIMG_2981.jpgIMG_2982.jpgIMG_2983.jpgIMG_2984.jpgIMG_2978.jpgIMG_2985.jpg

Upvote 17
WTG on digging those silvers. :occasion14: Any day you can pull a large silver is a memorable one. GL & HH

Congrats on the BIG silver. It is quite a feeling to look in a hole and see a big silver coin, something you won't soon forget. Best of luck to you sir!

Those 50 cent pieces sure feel good in your hand, don't they?? Congrats

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back