Big silver! Howd I miss it?

DeepBeeps

Sep 4, 2006
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Big silver! How'd I miss it?

Went back to a spot I had hunted last year and found about 14 wheats. I was hoping to find a silver coins of some sort since there was so many wheats. My first signal at 4 inches was a $1 on the MXT's screen. Dug it up and got my first silver half of the year, a 1952-D Franklin. Also managed a little clad, a 1926-D and 1944-D wheats, and a no date buffalo. Im heading back to all my other producing spots this year and rechecking for sure! HH

Attachments

• franklin half0001.jpg
    franklin half0001.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 636
  • dugfranklin.JPG
    dugfranklin.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 635
Upvote 0
Re: Big silver! How'd I miss it?

I don't know how but you can miss targets, I went to a lot that had been hit by a member at least 6 times, this guy is an expert. He found a v nickle & a few wheat's, I went over the same area he had hit & found a 1904 o barber quarter & a 1923 s standing liberty quarter, a 1909 v nickle & four Wheaties. Needless to say he was upset because he had missed them. The only thing I can come up with is that I hit it very slow, & none of the coins were over 6" deep.

bula said:
I don't know how but you can miss targets, I went to a lot that had been hit by a member at least 6 times, this guy is an expert. He found a v nickle & a few wheat's, I went over the same area he had hit & found a 1904 o barber quarter & a 1923 s standing liberty quarter, a 1909 v nickle & four Wheaties. Needless to say he was upset because he had missed them. The only thing I can come up with is that I hit it very slow, & none of the coins were over 6" deep.

I think rain and wet soil has a lot to do with, I hit my Neighbor's yard a few weeks ago, then we had 3 days of rain, I went back over and hit the yard again and found a WWI collar disk in the same location I was previously detecting. Just a thought.... ???

super silver find. congrats.

This is the fun part about hunting....u learn to be though by digging everything, that way you'll miss much less.

Congrats on the silver

Happy Hunting,

Dugholes

great finds ;D

You made some supper finds there. As I have said no place is completly hnte out....Matt

sweet half :thumbsup: glad to see we all are scoring silver halfs

WTG on the BIG BEN!! I found my first a few months ago. I was surprised as I'm sure you were :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back