What's new

Big silver ...little gold

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to a old time fav spot of mine in CT. this morn
got off to a late start and long line at the entrance got me in the water later than wanted
and it also meant more people in the water limiting where I could go
started off real slow and thought I might be looking at a skunk
got a real faint signal and was surprised when I saw IH penny at bottom of my scoop
been yrs since I got one here and usually not in this area - 1900
was happy to get something old - locals pepper here (2 hr drive for me) and
as you can see they get most of the fresh drops - but last few times here in the past - I know if I
cant get the new stuff - I can slow down and usually pull something deep - got in a spot with deep large old iron
tried working thru it - got a faint signal in middle of some huge iron targets - was surprised when I saw large disc come up
this is my 9th silver half this year - not to far away got another whisper and thought I might have a silver dime -
nice to see glint of gold amongst the rocks and shells in my scoop - was down about 1 1/2 feet
silver chain was down real deep and was encrusted - it must have had a silver medal on it at one time
think someone else may have walked away with it and missed the chain - I checked the whole area to no avail
looking for it - once again I was hoping for a fresh gold drop or 2 or 3... but was happy with a few old coins and
a nice old gold
icon_thumleft.gif


 
Upvote 60
Nicely done Casper. I have never pulled an IHP from the surf. At least not one I could identify as such. Congrats
 
Nicely done Casper. I have never pulled an IHP from the surf. At least not one I could identify as such. Congrats

Ive gotten maybe 20 over the years
this was a nice one from this year
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums4126-picture1184153.html

COOL FOR THIS YEAR - GOT MY FIRST 2 LARGE CENTS FROM THE SALT WATER - PULLED A BLACK DISC FROM SCOOP AND SWIPED WITH MY THUMB AND SAW ONE CENT - COULD NOT BELIEVE IT
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums4126-picture1172753.html
 
Looks like a nice hunt. I like the shell attached to the coin. I would leave it alone also.
 
That is some display case
 
Very Nice Spin Mr Casper!! Like the Gold Signet and the Cookied Half!!

I agree on cleaning the silver, most come out fairly wore. But I have been surprised a few times on what they were..
 
That is some display case
its my coffee table - older pic (when I first started putting it together)
- table is pretty congested now
I have silver in the middle - one side has 1800s up to like the 60s relics and collectibles
and other side has 1600s thru 1800s stuff
 
Nice variety of digs Caspy boy:headbang:

~Blaze~
 
Awesome hunt Casper, you been in this hobby sense 1975 man you must have a big collection of gold and silver awesome brother....
 
Awesome hunt Casper, you been in this hobby sense 1975 man you must have a big collection of gold and silver awesome brother....

was divorced twice - so only have stuff mostly from the last 17 yrs - got nothing but a few coins from the first 20+yrs
- started hunting at age 12
with a Compass TR
 
Awesome gold man! Love the engraving in the ring!
 
I really like that little old gold ring! Looks like an oldie.

Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom