BIG SILVER......X 2

Big E

Jan 17, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites XLT
I haven't been doing much posting lately, mostly reading. My latest finds I had to post. Thursday I went to a local park in the town where I work for a lunch time hunt. I wasn't there too long when I got a good signal mixed in with some trash. After doing my best to pinpoint the target, I dug down maybe 5 inches, removed the loose dirt and couldn't believe my eyes. It was big silver, the Walking Liberty half. I couldn't wait to get back to work (now that's scary) to clean the half. Amazing how silver can make a person hurry back to work.

My next time out was Friday after work. Where did I go, but back to the park that produced the Walking half. Again I hadn't been there too long when I got what seemed to be multiple signals, like possibly two or three targets. I did the best I could to pick one target and dig. When I checked the hole with the pinpointer I noticed I hadn't pinpointed the target very well, because it was on the edge of the hole at the bottom of the hole.

I should also say that I wasn't expecting much, so I wasn't being too careful. The target depth seemed to be shallow. Anyway, after another couple digs in the hole out came another half. I was shocked at first, which was quickly replaced with fear. I was sure I had gouged it, because I hadn't been very careful. After picking it up and looking past the dirt, I could see this was possibly a Barber and I didn't see a scratch yet.

I detected for another 20 minutes or so, but the suspense was getting the best of me. I decided to check the drinking fountain to see if the water was still on. It was so I did a quick rinse of the half. I couldn't believe it, my first Barber half and to my relief not much damage. A small scratch on the edge and on the back, but very minimal compared to what it could have been.

After another 30 minutes or so of detecting I had to leave to share my find. I'm not sure why I was getting multiple target signals, because that half was all that was there. Maybe that's why it was still there also.

Anyways, they were two nice, big finds still hanging out in a park. Amazing!!

Big E
Emil

Attachments

• IMG_0378 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0378 (Small).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_0380 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0380 (Small).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 815
Upvote 0

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow , great finds...I'm still waiting for a silver find!!! Great Job! :headbang:

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
My oh my, great finds. I love the walkers and barbers. Thanks for the post.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
WTG, Emil!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king: :icon_king:

Look at the detail on that Barber! :o :o

Alright - now stay out of that hunted out park until I get out there again & we'll have a nice place to hunt! :laughing7:

What a post! :thumbsup:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
That is one sweet Barber half! CONGRATS!

Don't understand why your detector is giving you multiple targets, though.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
That is an incredible Barber. And it's nice to get 2 large chunks of silver in one hunt! Great job.

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Congrats on the halfs, they both look sweet and from a park no less!!! :headbang:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy I would tickles to death to find coins like that. Congradulations.....

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet halfs!!! MR TUFF

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an excellent hunt bud! You da man! :thumbsup:

undergrounddrew

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Technetics G2 Fisher F75 Black, Minelab 3030,Minelab X-Terra 705 and more!!!
Double Down!

Very nice. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions