What's new

Big Storm, I like it..

beachboy

Bronze Member
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,138
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
I am sure This storm will move some sand, Hope they let me on the beaches, sometimes they do not because of the damage to the beach....I am a teacher so I have this week off, and will try to take advantage of this Storm, there is snow lightning up in these parts of Boston. The coast is being hammered. It is just my kind of weather....
 
Upvote 0
As for them not letting you on the beaches because of the damage You can fill your hole when up in the dry sand so someone doesn't turn an ankle or complain that your the one doing the damage. In the wet sand where the waves wash up you can relax. Always take your trash out with you or show it to the beach patrol.
 
I think he meant not let anyone on the beach due to the damage caused by the storm.
 
Hope you get to dig and find some good stuff. If you are willing to be out there in that kind of weather, you deserve to find a pile of gold. Hope you get some.
 
Sandman said:
As for them not letting you on the beaches because of the damage You can fill your hole when up in the dry sand so someone doesn't turn an ankle or complain that your the one doing the damage. In the wet sand where the waves wash up you can relax. Always take your trash out with you or show it to the beach patrol.
That makes good sense Sandman, also it will be about 20 with winds up to 30-35, wind chill 0 or so, on Tuesday. My wife thinks I am crazy, but I got this in my head and I can not let it go, Wish me luck....
 
had planned the 2hr drive to jersey shore yesterday... 20 inches of snow and blizzard conditions changed that :( >:( :'(... o well maybe new years weekend when its 50 degrees.... ya i would think with this driving wind coming of the water some beach erosion should occur... good luck..and be safe..
 
sure would like to hunt that area sometime so how is the finds in the summer or do you rely on the storms
 
bootyhoundpa said:
had planned the 2hr drive to jersey shore yesterday... 20 inches of snow and blizzard conditions changed that :( >:( :'(... o well maybe new years weekend when its 50 degrees.... ya i would think with this driving wind coming of the water some beach erosion should occur... good luck..and be safe..
I am 15 minutes from the beaches in Seaside Heights and I work in Pt Pleasant Beach. For some reason the storm did not move sand as we would have liked. I have not gone out but have checked out the beaches and there are no cuts. I have some reports of little targets and very soft sand along the water line and half way to high water mark. I am trying to get out tomorrow for low tide. Southern beaches seem to have more sand movement but not a great amount?
 
suprdave said:
sure would like to hunt that area sometime so how is the finds in the summer or do you rely on the storms
Late summer is good, yet if you get a good storm in the winter, and usually there are a few, You can do Quite well...I like it in the winter, less people.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom