big vase from china

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i need some help again took a chance on this vase its 15" tall and looks old anyone know thanks vase 006.JPG vase 005.JPG vase 002.JPG

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks to be a Macau enamel vase. Do a Google Image search for them. You will see many very similiar to yours. Probably made in the last 40-50 years.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I knew Chinese markings a lot better! However there is a nice guy from China that attends an auction I do every week & if it's not a fake he bids on items like your vase. This is how I know weather or not something is authentic & old. I see a lot of pieces with that marking & he is never interested in those items so I am never interested in those items as well. For display your vase is very nice but as for real value I have no idea!

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you all,i think this has at least 50 years of dirt on it.i took chances today,but still did not spend much,russian silver spoons,1917 geograhic that was given to the army on water proof papper flags of the world its called,black keys albums,but saw a really bad thing happen a guy bought a rug rolled it up and under it was a gold round not a coin it said csa gold but the o was a q and 817 i think on it had what looked like an eagle on it,i think he should of gave it back but he said it came with the rug.if its real it is worth a ton i bet,saw him at another sale he told me not to say nothing,i feel sick as i do not think he did the right thing what do ya thhink

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you all,i think this has at least 50 years of dirt on it.i took chances today,but still did not spend much,russian silver spoons,1917 geograhic that was given to the army on water proof papper flags of the world its called,black keys albums,but saw a really bad thing happen a guy bought a rug rolled it up and under it was a gold round not a coin it said csa gold but the o was a q and 817 i think on it had what looked like an eagle on it,i think he should of gave it back but he said it came with the rug.if its real it is worth a ton i bet,saw him at another sale he told me not to say nothing,i feel sick as i do not think he did the right thing what do ya thhink

It was under a rug he had bought & when he went to the floor to roll it up he found a gold round under it? Do I understand this accurately? If this is what your saying then what he did was straight theft! That guy isn't any good & obviously has no problem stealing from people! I would have told the people what he did! And I would have no problem letting him know I thought he was a piece of trash! I would avoid this guy like the plague & if I saw him at a sale I would let the people running it know you have seen him steal things from other sales in the past & I'm very serious!

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was under a rug he had bought & when he went to the floor to roll it up he found a gold round under it? Do I understand this accurately? If this is what your saying then what he did was straight theft! That guy isn't any good & obviously has no problem stealing from people! I would have told the people what he did! And I would have no problem letting him know I thought he was a piece of trash! I would avoid this guy like the plague & if I saw him at a sale I would let the people running it know you have seen him steal things from other sales in the past & I'm very serious!
Been there done that. I have no problem calling out a thief to his face and giving him a piece of my mind.

As for the vase,, I agree with the others. Made in the last 30 years, decorative. I believe the mark is a modern representation of Da Qing Jiaqing Nian Zhi - "Great Qing Jiaqing period (1796-1820) made" but c. 1980-90.Marks on Chinese Porcelain

593_fullsize.jpg

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep found it under the rug,the lady had passed and an estate co was selling things for the family,im going to watch and see what comes up with it.i tried to go back but sale was over and no one was there,i wish i had not seen it though and hope its fake.matter of fact it did seem odd though as he saw me at another sale and brought it up ,maybe he was trying to pull a fast one trying to see if i would try to buy it. that mark is just like it diggummup thanks again

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions