Biggest find at LBH (it has a new home!!)

fonfixer

Feb 18, 2008
blanchard, la
Detector(s) used
dfx
I'm sure you all remember the biggest find there, well we drug it home and it now resides in our flower bed. I'm sure it'll look great out there with some Jasmine growing up each side. Sorry it's taken so long for me to get the pics up but, we left sunday afternoon when my head started pounding. I woke up early Monday morning with 102.6 temp. Thought it was the flu but lucky it was a sinus infection. Here are some pictures of the biggest find of the weekend. Enjoy. Jacob is still tickled pink about winning a gold coin!! That's the stuff that memories are made of!!

Attachments

• biggest find.jpg
    biggest find.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 562
  • biggest find II.jpg
    biggest find II.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 552
  • biggest find III.jpg
    biggest find III.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 558
That is going to look soooo cool when the flowers start wrapping around it. I had an old antique bedframe that was broken that I did that with at one place and once the plants came in it looked great.....I can't wait to see it!! Thanks for sharing and I sure hope you are feeling better!

That really is an awesome find!! I am also glad to have seen him get the coin! Hope you are feeling better, and hope to also see you guys at another hunt down the road!
HH
Baggins

It was so great to meet you all. That Jacob sure is a lucky one! 8) He's a natural treasure hunter! :thumbsup:

Love the pics! It looks perfect there! :wink: Nana

Yep, as Nana says Jacob is a natural treasure hunter. That find is perfect in the flower bed...I can just picture it with some Mandevilla blooming from it. It was a pleasure meeting y'all, if you are ever in my neck of the woods you are sure welcome to drop by. Hope you get to feeling better soon too.

:wink: RR

Thats funny it was probaly in someones flower bed covered in vines 50 yrs ago now its in yours, Cool

I'd still like to know exactly "what" it is. Someone put it in the what is it forum??

That is just super!!! I was awe-struck when I saw you hauling it out to your pickup and putting it in! :D But it looks great where you put it! Jake can be proud!!! :D I bet that's a hunt he won't forget any time soon.

Noodle

Zen, it looks a lot like a grill guard for an Army deuce and a half.

Attachments

• deuce and a half.jpg
    deuce and a half.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 521
Well my wife thought we were crazy to drag it home but I've been waiting for something like that to go into the flowerbed, and what a better choice then the one Jake dug out of the ground. She likes it now, go figure.

stoney56 said:

Bingo. I said a grill thingy from a big truck, so I was partially right. lol Now how in heck did that end up there?

I really like this quote:

A week before the maneuvers a hurricane struck Louisiana. Rains had flooded the area and rivers were swollen with water. Army trucks became stuck in the mud and roads became practically impassable because of the mud. Patton's observation of the maneuver resulted in his statement: "If you could take these tanks through Louisiana, you could take them through hell."

LaBeep

I think that is my favorite quote out of the article too especially after some of the stories I heard of the slick mud out there! lol Great link! Thanks for sharing it with us, I had no clue!

stoney56 said:

I agree!

Speaking of the grill, I had a thought as to why it was where it was.
Maybe someone was stuck in the yard for whatever reason. It was put down for traction and the vehicle weight pushed it into the ground...and it's been there ever since. :-\

fonfixer said:
Ya'll crazy, that ain't mud you're talking about, it's our state rock!!

LOL, I thought mud was something you sunk into and gumbo was something you sunk your teeth into. :wink:

That is an awesome find and a great idea for putting it to use!! Congrats, I bet they tried to pull a deuce out of that mud and pulled it off the truck! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back