Bill Dillys Southern CRH Adventure

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006
Bill Dilly's Southern CRH Adventure

I started a business trip this week that is taking me on a swing thru LJ's turf. This is a combination business/crh trip. I couldn't wait to get into the area where LJ has such terrific results. Well, today was the first day of CRH (yesterday's MLK Holiday messed me up). There were a total of 14 banks that I had time to visit and the results were much better than they are in my home state. I spent a total of approximately $1,300 in halves. The totals were nice.

60 40% Kennedys
2 90% Kennedys
2 Franklins
1 Walking Liberty
and a couple of proofs!

I am going to keep a total of what I find this week in Dixie and if the remaining days are like this one, it will be a super trip. In my home state of Missouri, I would usually find about 8 40% Kennedys on an investment of $1,300....so this is much more encouraging.

One of the rolls that I got at a small rural Mississippi bank was so old that it had cracked, yellow tape on it. That roll had 19 40% and 1 1964 Kennedy....NICE!

It's no wonder that LJ has such great results in this region. There doesn't seem to be nearly as much competition in this area.

Tomorrow it's more rural banks until I hit the Gulf Coast.

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Bill Dilly's Southern CRH Adventure

Be careful of the jambalaya,the etouffee, the alligator tails, and the gumbo. I hear dem peeps down der likes to eat things spicy. Jim

OP
OP
B

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006

Jim,

The food in the gulf area is just a bonus. Great food AND great hunting!!!!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet BD......congrats on a very good day!! Were you able to hit any of the areas that I mentioned to you? Good luck on the balance of your trip.

Keep us posted and enjoy the food......ha!

OP
OP
B

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006

LJ...most of my day was spent in a rural area of MS. I did finish the day one of the towns that you suggested. I got 6 40% Kennedys in that town. But I did find a great place to metal detect at an old high school that has been closed down.

I'm heading out in after I end this. More tonight.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where is my update BD.. ???...I am sitting on the edge of my seat over here......don't hold out on me now......

OP
OP
B

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006

LJ, the update isn't as good as the initial finds from Tuesday. Yesterday I only found 4 40% Kennedys. Several banks told me that they had sold their halves to a guy the day before I got there. So, today it was back to Mississippi. A little more luck today. I stopped a two very small towns near the MS.River and was told that another guy had been in less than an hour before me. He cleaned $800 in halves out at one of the small town banks. So, I figured that I might as well head away from the area. I drove two hours north and went to another small town. Two banks here, the first one sold me $4 in halves, nothing. When I asked if they had any halves in the vault, the teller told me that they had a bag that had just been sealed to be shipped out tomorrow. I asked if I could buy that bag and she told me that since the armored car company had already been called for the pick-up, I couldn't buy that bag. So, I walked across the town square to the other bank in town. They had $150 in hand rolled halves. This bank saved the day. Out of the 15 rolls, 3 were solid rolls of 40% Kennedys. There was also 1 1964 in one of the other rolls. Not a bad day considering the fact that I seemed to be an hour behind another CR hunter at the first banks. So far, it has been a good trip. I haven't found anything spectacular, but it has been ok.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the full rolls DB!!! I love it when that happens. Hope tomorrow holds more for you too.

What area is that guy in? I want to make sure I avoid that area....ha

OP
OP
B

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006

LJ, here are the areas that I ran into another hunter or two. Port Gibson, Ms. Natchez, Ms. Vidalia, La. Vicksburg, Ms. it seems that all around that region there are some active CRHers . I started back north yesterday afternoon and I was able to check some banks in Batesville, Ms. and some areas around Granada...too late...another person had been there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread