Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All Hmmmm the big summer sun is belting down on us. Flies by the swarms and any amount of spikes and thorns of the under growth. Up a hill down a gully and play the same game again. The back hills is a good place to hunt as many wouldn,t like the idea of travelling through the rough land scape. Started at 5am , 2 hour drive and then a 5 mile hike deep into the back hill. On foot is the only way in. The cool of the morning lasts only a few hours before the that sun gets the temperature rising . By 10 am we stop every 2 hours and head for some shade for a drink. Stumble a cross an old gold mining camp and start working the tailings around the old shafts for gold. A piece here and piece 20 yards away . Parnter got a relic machine over at the ruins pulling the odd coin and relic. Took us the best part of the whole of the spring to get 79 grams of gold and few relics. Nice plummet or bell sphere ? snake buckle and picked our only large silver for the year.1888 half crown A great depression counterfeit silver shilling from a park in a near by gold mining town . We found some buried ruins on our way out so this Weekend we going back to play Billy goat again.

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_2965.jpg
    100_2965.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_2966.jpg
    100_2966.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 100_2967.jpg
    100_2967.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_2969.jpg
    100_2969.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_2970.jpg
    100_2970.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_2980.jpg
    100_2980.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_2978.jpg
    100_2978.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_2977.jpg
    100_2977.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_2974.jpg
    100_2974.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Upvote 16
Hard work pays off. Good job. Keep digging. Bring lots of water, dont want you becoming a relic for some future digger to find.:occasion14:

Sweet finds, but a lot of hard work, still sounds like you had fun!!!! HH.

Wow, you've been busy...awesome finds! imagesCA00OYO1.jpg

Nice stuff there, Tinpan. Always nice to see your posts and pics.

Whoa, Happy Christmas indeed, Tinny!

I was just reading your Christmas Reef thread. There was made mention of more to come near the end of that one, that I was wondering about…

Is this some post script?

I always enjoy your diggings. Many thanks.

10-Reasons-to-visit-Australia-Christmas-in-Australia.jpg

This is a first rate post. Nice relics (love the snake buckle!), and a good little pile of gold too.

Congrats. Looking forward to your posts, Tinny.

Cheers,

Buck

I like your post too, as so few post natural gold...which I like.
79 grams of gold is a lot of toasted coppers.

Last time I took a trek like that, all I got was sore knees.

congrats on what I would call, a good season.

Nice! Congrats! Great post thanks for sharing gold & relic pics. Hope the thorny bushes weren't too hard on you. GL & HH!

Sweet love to see the raw Gold.

Nice gold, but you poor sweaty guys are killing me with your weather reports, it's 22 degrees F here in south Jersey. Sounds like a fun hunt, not sure my old knees would take too kindly to it (my knee replacement would be ok, it's the other one that would give me problems now). Funny how we all think alike, I was watching that show " gold rush" and was thinking how it would probably pay off detecting the area where their wash plants discharge their tailing's, especially when you see all their break downs and learning curves.

wow that's a nice bit of gold congrats!! and ty for sharing :icon_thumright: hope you find more HH

Nice seeing the fruits of all your efforts once again, nice total from the hunts, liking the snake buckle also.

WTG Tinpan! That snake buckle I believe is Military. We had some like that here that were imported during our Civil War (1861-1865).

Great post TP, you sure did well with the gold didn't you.
HH and looking forward to your next post.
ZDD

The gold is good, but the 1888 halfcrown must be hard to repeat!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back