Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bing Bling Betty's first foreign coin

We had already posted our finds and I was double checking dates etc when I noticed one penny was really different from the rest. it was hard to read or see for the crud but I could tell it wasn't a penny, at least not one of ours and so I did a quick short electrolysis on it and then used the baking soda to finish it up. It came out very nice and readable, it was from the REPUBLIC OF PANAMA a 1986 UN CENTESIMO with .URRACA. on the front. I take this to be a one cent piece. it was rather funny, at one point, I caught her giving the coin a quick lick(after cleansing), she had thought previously that these guys who called themselves coin lickers were a little off to be doing that! When I mentioned that she had just licked the coin, she told me to mind my own business.. go figure! Anyways, she has had a lot of first here lately and is getting more and more excited about MD. I have found coins from Panama previously but this one came from 30 miles away from them. You just don't know what you will find, those coin rascals can show up anywhere! the coin is actually a nice looking one. thanks for looking. :headbang::happysmiley: View attachment 1025218
View attachment 1025227

Upvote 3

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great save !!