What's new

Bird Nest ID ?

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Girlfriend brought this home today . What type of bird might have built it . I like the Birch pieces .
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0397.webp
    IMG_0397.webp
    793.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0401.webp
    IMG_0401.webp
    727.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0402.webp
    IMG_0402.webp
    725.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0403.webp
    IMG_0403.webp
    789.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0404.webp
    IMG_0404.webp
    688.7 KB · Views: 87
Looks similar to a Warblers nest. Many types around the country.
 
Upvote 0
That's a pretty cool nest! It's wrapped around the branches, correct?

Anyway,
I'm not much of a birder, but at three inches, we can very safely rule out:

Ostrich
Emperor penguin
Cassowary
Great Blue Heron
Thanksgiving Day turkey
and, the American Bald Eagle :)

.... and Big Bird from Sesame Street!
 
Upvote 0
Sure would be a great fire starter. I have no clue, my folks would have known being avid bird watchers
 
Upvote 0
....for the record, I wasn't 100% sure Emperor Penguin was a bird. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
That's a pretty cool nest! It's wrapped around the branches, correct?

Anyway,
I'm not much of a birder, but at three inches, we can very safely rule out:

Ostrich
Emperor penguin
Cassowary
Great Blue Heron
Thanksgiving Day turkey
and, the American Bald Eagle :)

.... and Big Bird from Sesame Street!

Niccccccce buddy! :laughing9:


I was thinking a barn swallows nest, but they're usually made of mud and straw.
Can you tell I'm not a bird guy? :laughing7:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • barn-swallow-nest-dreamstime-crop.webp
    barn-swallow-nest-dreamstime-crop.webp
    248.8 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
Oriole’s nest? Looks like a hummer’s nest but a little too big.
 
Upvote 0
no more than I know about birds, I'm gonna say Pterodactyl nest
 
Upvote 0
Some poor bird is Homeless...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom