Attachments

• arrow 045.jpg
    arrow 045.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 342
  • arrow 044.jpg
    arrow 044.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0
Nice, I like those Hamiltons. We get a few of those here. Is that obsidian below the dime? If so that baby did some traveling.

Late last year , I put this little “crammed-frame” of “ Bird-Points” together . It was a cold winters night , the type of night where Cabin-fever can set in ever so silently ,.. . maybe even dipping down into the 40's , brrrr... vary cold!!
I wanted to spend some quality time with my collection . As I was toying through a tray of points , I noticed a deck of playing cards on the table , figured I’d play a new game . The rules of this new game are simple , yet stupid ,... all the points must oriented the same direction [points up] and they can’t touch one anther , a pretty silly game I know !!

27poinsonplayingcard.jpg

Read ‘em and weep ,.. 27 points on that 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 in. Playing card ,.... kinda wish I didn’t use so much glue , now ? ;D

Happy New Year !!!!
Blindpig

Very nice tray of Madisons and Hamiltons jmfg222. I never did actually consider those as "Birdpoints" per se, but I know a lot of collectors do.

Here's a picture of some of my Madisons and Hamiltons, all from the same site and a tray of what I consider to be Birdpoints. For reference, the orange Madison just below the Drill in the center in the first pic is 1/2 inch long and the Birdpoint in the center of the second picture is 3/4 inch long.

Artifact%20Pictures%20037.jpg

Attachments

• Birdpoints 5.jpg
    Birdpoints 5.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Birdpoints 6.jpg
    Birdpoints 6.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Birdpoints 1.jpg
    Birdpoints 1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Birdpoints 2.jpg
    Birdpoints 2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 233
  • Birdpoints 1.jpg
    Birdpoints 1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Birdpoints 2.jpg
    Birdpoints 2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 187
  • Birdpoints 5.jpg
    Birdpoints 5.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Birdpoints 6.jpg
    Birdpoints 6.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 172
Check out this place for great deals on frames. They are out of Westerville, Ohio which is a suburb of Columbus and have have great frames at very reasonable prices. I paid $24.00 each for the wooden tray you see in that picture. They have all kinds of trays, wooden and Riker Mounts. They even have the economy wood trays made from Pine, but I prefer the walnut ones myself.

Here's the info.

Steeles Display Cases
5665 St Route 605
Westerville, Ohio

Phone: 1-800-589-2944

Hours are 8 am to 5 pm Monday thru Friday, closed holidays.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back