- Joined
- May 28, 2010
- Messages
- 21,755
- Reaction score
- 35,425
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- White Plains, New York
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Spent the Fourth at a friend's beach house, on Silver Beach in Milford, Connecticut yesterday. No detecting, just relaxing with family and friends. Unfortunately, a search and rescue operation by the Coast Guard, quickly turned into a body recovery just 200-yards off-shore from us near Charles Island.
A swimmer from Silver Sands State Park, just a quarter-mile down the beach. We still had a great day and enjoyed the Fireworks, but I must say that there were also prayers offered for the victim, the families and the Search and Rescue folks that have to deal with this every day. A sobering reminder that you just don't know what the plan is..
I'll be off to Jones Beach State Park on Long Island in about two-hours, to be there at 4am - one-hour before low tide. They had to CLOSE the beach at 1230pm because it was FULL on July 4th - Oh Baby! I hope today is the day! - T
A swimmer from Silver Sands State Park, just a quarter-mile down the beach. We still had a great day and enjoyed the Fireworks, but I must say that there were also prayers offered for the victim, the families and the Search and Rescue folks that have to deal with this every day. A sobering reminder that you just don't know what the plan is..
I'll be off to Jones Beach State Park on Long Island in about two-hours, to be there at 4am - one-hour before low tide. They had to CLOSE the beach at 1230pm because it was FULL on July 4th - Oh Baby! I hope today is the day! - T
Attachments
Upvote
0
So I gridded the sand for two more hours and came up with some more clad, an unused still packaged condom, a metal spring, some bobbypins, bottlecaps, pulltabs.. and a nice morning at the beach.
Ahhhhhhhhh...!
Thank you for the encouragement!
Hey, sunglasses and an unused condom - you are set in the event the need arises! 






