Black Friday? No, Gold and Silver Friday!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a short hunt at a local school today. For years, it has been hit and miss here. But today, wow! The gold with amethyst (?) ring was a few inches deep in the bark in front of a swing set. Out behind it, in the lawn, was the little sterling earring (?) or finger ring. Hiding there also was a Monopoly game dreadnought. It's been a couple of years since I have found both gold and silver in one hunt. The ring is marked 10K. Thanks for peeking, get out and dig if you can. Happy Holidays. Sub 8-)

Monopoly 1.jpg Monopoly 2.jpg Monopoly 3.jpg

Upvote 33

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your silver ring is a toe ring?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the rings are good finds, they are not my thing, I much prefer the dreadnought.8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the rings are good finds, they are not my thing, I much prefer the dreadnought.8-)
Funny you should say that Cru, I was just as thrilled to find the little toy battleship! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with my friends about the toe ring. When found, it was rolled in on itself, I hope there was not a toe in it when that happened! For the Garret folks, the toe ring rang up a 72 and the gold ring rang up a bouncy 48. Lesson, DIG EVERYTHING in the bark/sand/gravel around the playground equipment. Adults use the equipment and lose their adult jewelry there too.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with my friends about the toe ring. When found, it was rolled in on itself, I hope there was not a toe in it when that happened! For the Garret folks, the toe ring rang up a 72 and the gold ring rang up a bouncy 48. Lesson, DIG EVERYTHING in the bark/sand/gravel around the playground equipment. Adults use the equipment and lose their adult jewelry there too.

Was that with Julio Garret? or Medusa Garret? Would it make a difference as to which one you were using?

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent finds. the monopoly piece looks like an early one

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that with Julio Garret? or Medusa Garret? Would it make a difference as to which one you were using?
I see what you mean, they would be close in their VDI readouts but probably not exact. I was using the ATMax with a Snake coil. There is more swinging involved as the coil is small, but the weight is comfortable and I can still go all day!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I see what you mean, they would be close in their VDI readouts but probably not exact. I was using the ATMax with a Snake coil. There is more swinging involved as the coil is small, but the weight is comfortable and I can still go all day!

Thank you. That is helpful. I read a lot of posts from people that have the pro, and always wondered if they would be about the same. Learning you were using the snake is bonus information. I just got one of those a few months ago. I agree it makes a difference in weight and, thus, I don’t get tired out as fast. I tested the max on my gold rings when I first got it and I believe it rang up 50. (Memory not so good). Again, thank you. [emoji4]

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your time was much better spent metal detecting than shopping! :icon_thumright:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, my precious, find!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Sweet ring brother congrats.

Yup hard to find silver and gold on the same hunt.

Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread