What's new

BLACK GLOB WHATSIT

Hardy

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
1,117
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
I WAS TRYING TO RECOVER A TARGET FROM A OLD FIRE PIT AND THIS BLACK GLOB WAS IN WITH THE KETTLE METAL :icon_scratch:ITS AS LITE AS PLASTIC,YET IT CANT BE AS THIS IS A CAMP SITE OVER 100 YRS PLUS :icon_scratch:
ANY GUESSES ??? ???
 

Attachments

  • Picture 098.webp
    Picture 098.webp
    13 KB · Views: 403
  • Picture 095.webp
    Picture 095.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 397
  • Picture 097.webp
    Picture 097.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 398
I'm guessing it's non-metallic. It almost looks like a buckeye.
 
Upvote 0
Is it metal? Did you swipe it under your detector or did you just find it when you were digging another target?
 
Upvote 0
Being in a fire pit, it wouldn't surprise me if it was piece of melted gutta percha from something or another.
 
Upvote 0
That's weird ,your in Canada and I'm in Texas and I 've seen and I think I have a rock like that in my collection somewhere around the house,I found mine down by a creek.
 
Upvote 0
Is it a piece of coal?
 
Upvote 0
clinker (impurity/non-burning/just melted and resolidified) from burning coal. very light, lot of air in it. almost black glass like texture.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom