Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2014
Mohave County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
DSCN5571.JPG DSCN5579.JPG DSCN5575.JPG DSCN5583.JPG DSCN5585.JPG

Like the saying goes : "sometimes you eat bear, sometimes the bear eats you." The bear ate well today. Was at my favorite spot where I've found small gold a hundred yards from where I was today. Thought I'd look about and found allot of streaks of black sand in a wash. Found the streaks with my md actually. Thought great, so I dug to the caliche. Classified five 5 gallon pails and brought them home to run through my recirculating sluice, didn't have time today to take it out with me. Filled in my foxhole and headed home. At home I ran four pails one at a time, tons of black sand and not one speck of gold. Touché Mr. Bear, touché.

Upvote 2

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
That's a lot of black sand! And so close to where you did find gold. You've probably posted some of your finds. If not I'd love to see them. Anyway, looks like you have a nice rig there. Best of luck to you!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you must of slept like a bear after that day. lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to teach that bear a lesson, whoop his tail and find some nice GOLD! Best of luck on your next outing!

I haven't tried looking for natural AU yet, I have a gold pan just waiting for a little warmer weather up here.
The area your in looks good.

OP
OP
S

SDST

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2014
Mohave County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Going back the the better spot today. Getting a late start though, it's 9 AM here in Az. Time to sharpen the knife and get some bear!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions