What's new

BLANK PLANCHET

rydiggaahh

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2007
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
LI new york
went to the bank the other day and picked up a mere 10 rolls of pennies. out came an amazing 14 wheats (1919 the oldest) and this blank planchet. ive never found one of those before. went back to the bank and got 20 more rolls and NOTHING. went back for 20 more and only 1 wheat. isnt it strange how it works out like that sometimes. still waiting for my first indian

pulled all the copper as well

also i recieved a 1954 quarter in change from the grocery store the other day. a couple of days later got a dateless buffalo. i love getting good stuff in change.

good luck everyone
 

Attachments

  • penny.webp
    penny.webp
    1.7 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
That's really interesting. I've never found a blank planchet before. I don't think most coin roll hunters ever have. That's a real keeper, for sure!
 
I have half a blank- too bad it doesn't show the date. I weighed it and its a copper one so pre 82. I don't remember where I got it- but I know it didn't come out of searching pennies as I just started that a month ago. Hoping to get a pic when my digital camera comes home. Mark
 
Ive Found a Penny and a Quarter blank planchet.
As well as a state quarter with just the obverse smooth reverse.
Ive Only Ever Found one Indian Head Penny.

CC
 
I've only ever found one nickel blank. At first you think they're slugs.
 
Coinlover said:
Immy said:
I've only ever found one nickel blank. At first you think they're slugs.
the nickel blanks are worth $60! 8)

Cool! Are you offering $60 for it, coinlover? :D
 
Cool! Are you offering $60 for it, coinlover? :D
[/quote]i'll give you $15 for it! ;) :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom