What's new

Blobby thing

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well not been out for a while so here's a what is it. It looks a bit buckle like, and is decorated with blobs .Never seen one like it.

Robert.
 

Attachments

  • what 004.webp
    what 004.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 508
  • what 005.webp
    what 005.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 522
a bit of horse tack type gear --like goes to a bit maybe --would be my guess
 
Upvote 0
Hi Rob, just a guess, is it a terret ring?. Cru might know.

hammered
 
Upvote 0
hammered said:
Hi Rob, just a guess, is it a terret ring?. Cru might know.

hammered
I did get a terret ring off the same site hammered, it was larger and round. It didn't look like this find.
 
Upvote 0
hammered said:
Hi Rob, just a guess, is it a terret ring?. Cru might know.

hammered

Never seen one :dontknow: It does look Iron Age but not like any junction I have seen
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
hammered said:
Hi Rob, just a guess, is it a terret ring?. Cru might know.

hammered

Never seen one :dontknow: It does look Iron Age but not like any junction I have seen
Starting to think Celtic myself Cru.
 
Upvote 0
Small trivet? For setting hot object upon that you don't want burning whatever is underneath, allowing air circulation around the object.
 
Upvote 0
These are both c. 1250-1400. Blobs are "knops."
 

Attachments

  • Buckle-1.webp
    Buckle-1.webp
    5 KB · Views: 249
  • Buckle-2.webp
    Buckle-2.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0
:sign13: I would put that in my shoe. When I tried to walk I'd have a horrible limp and probably make awful faces. Then when people came over to ask if I was alright I could say "I'm ok." I'd be telling the truth, but they'd think I was just being brave.
 
Upvote 0
batcap said:
:sign13: I would put that in my shoe. When I tried to walk I'd have a horrible limp and probably make awful faces. Then when people came over to ask if I was alright I could say "I'm ok." I'd be telling the truth, but they'd think I was just being brave.



Or...put it in your shoe and pull your trousers half way down your a$$, and people will think you're really hard :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
shaun7 said:
batcap said:
:sign13: I would put that in my shoe. When I tried to walk I'd have a horrible limp and probably make awful faces. Then when people came over to ask if I was alright I could say "I'm ok." I'd be telling the truth, but they'd think I was just being brave.



Or...put it in your shoe and pull your trousers half way down your a$$, and people will think you're really hard :tongue3:

:laughing9: :icon_scratch: :D
 
Upvote 0
batcap said:
:sign13: I would put that in my shoe. When I tried to walk I'd have a horrible limp and probably make awful faces. Then when people came over to ask if I was alright I could say "I'm ok." I'd be telling the truth, but they'd think I was just being brave.
:laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom