against the wind Platinum Member Joined Jul 27, 2015 Messages 24,896 Reaction score 24,983 Golden Thread 0 Location Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania Detector(s) used E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 7, 2018 #1 Dug this today, shank is missing Attachments 20180407_192241.webp 205.1 KB · Views: 90
ramjet2187 Hero Member Joined Nov 29, 2005 Messages 926 Reaction score 141 Golden Thread 0 Location North Central Tennessee Detector(s) used MXT Apr 7, 2018 #2 I think that's known as an Eagle I, worn by Union Infantry. The Block I is a Confederate button, with a capital "I", that is nearly as tall as the diameter of the button. Upvote 0
I think that's known as an Eagle I, worn by Union Infantry. The Block I is a Confederate button, with a capital "I", that is nearly as tall as the diameter of the button.
Dug Bronze Member Joined Feb 18, 2013 Messages 1,141 Reaction score 1,264 Golden Thread 0 Location SC Lowcountry Detector(s) used XP Deus/Sovereign GT. Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Apr 8, 2018 #3 Can we see a backside of the button? Upvote 0
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 8, 2018 #4 It is a Union button, and predates the Civil War. They are Mexican war era however some were still around at the time of the Civil War. Upvote 0
It is a Union button, and predates the Civil War. They are Mexican war era however some were still around at the time of the Civil War.
john845 Sr. Member Joined Dec 26, 2017 Messages 408 Reaction score 1,075 Golden Thread 0 Location Newburgh ny Detector(s) used Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 8, 2018 #5 union infantry button Upvote 0