Block this Feebay buyer

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I don't care if this gets moved.

I sold this guy a uncirculated 2006-P half dollar for $2.55 total. I mailed it off to him. He said he didn't get it and so I had no choice but to give him his money back. This guy puts on my feedback that he can't recommend and that although I gave him the money back, he said I kept the coin. Give me a break. I have sold many uncirculated halves for $2.55 each and there is no reason why I didn't mail it off to him. FYI, this guy is a Nazi fan or is a Nazi based on items he buys.

If you don't want to deal with jerk like this that will give you a negative feedback, block him: antiquescollector1

Well, those coins did come from CRHing if that matters.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
mick56 said:
I had that happen to me a few years ago. Now I put delivery confirmation on everything I send.

Unfortunately because it's a $2.55 coin (including shipping) that it's not feasible to do tracking. After Feebay fees, I am only making $0.80 on the whole thing. Minus gas, probably break even or loss. I'm a CRHer here, and selling off some of the nicer ones from my finds and I get this jerk. It seems to be more trouble than it's worth selling on Feebay. I called Feebay to get this feedback removed. They will get back to me on it. However, I just recommend to any sellers here, do not sell to this guy. I post the comments on the PCGS forum too since they routinely talk about A-hole buyers there. PCGS forums is actually great in people listing new jerk buyers to block.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Bummer - I don't bother to ebay anything less than $50. Too many possible problems over little money.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
n8dagr8345 said:
If you found it... is it UNcirculated?

It is uncirculated due to lack of wear. Just like you can get a box of 2001's. It must've came from someone's NIFC collection. Most likely a statin finish coin. MS grading depends on wear not whether it was in a box.

Since I'm on here so much, why not just let everyone here know so they can block this guy. Rally the troops. LOL

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
maine_Jim said:
Bummer - I don't bother to ebay anything less than $50. Too many possible problems over little money.

Maine_Jim

I just do it as something to do.. to get feedback ratings up. Kind of a hobby too I suppose. Not really making any money here. Actually lost money on this one.

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try ecrater.com
no fee.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a Top-Rated Seller and sell stuff EVERYDAY on Ebay. Let me tell you...always bad apples in the bunch, but most Ebayers are quite alight. At the end of the year, who gets to laugh at the rats in the rat race though... :laughing7:

FYI, Christmas, the Holidays, brings in tons of rift raft and thats when most of my "incidents" happen. Year after year same thing, It's funny. Some people are so desperate to get somthing for nothing.

I laugh and keep chugging on, because I have tens of thousands cash money from doing Feebay. I get off on my bank account while they are getting off on how they stole $2.25. :tongue3:

Axecutioner

Nov 16, 2011
SLO, CA / LV, NV
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the heads-up. A solution to the problem of no tracking or delivery confirmation on small items is just to save up and sell in bulk. Then that extra insurance isn't so bad.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
After speaking 40 min with Feebay phone person, they wouldn't remove this neutral yet negative feedback. Feebay really pisses me off. They are so anti-seller, it's ridiculous. They let someone give me a negative feedback even though I gave a full refund that damages my future sales on Ebay. I told them that I will be looking into small claims court against their policy and how it will hurt my future business. I'm in the SFBayArea and San Jose isn't too far away and I have thought about this before after hearing horror stories on PCGS forums. I really don't care about all the legal aspect of it but Feebay's policies make it unfair for sellers. If anything I will take them to small claims court and have them send a paid legal representative is a victory for me. I believe that if they don't show up to represent themselves, I'll win.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
After speaking 40 min with Feebay phone person, they wouldn't remove this neutral yet negative feedback. Feebay really pisses me off. They are so anti-seller, it's ridiculous. They let someone give me a negative feedback even though I gave a full refund that damages my future sales on Ebay. I told them that I will be looking into small claims court against their policy and how it will hurt my future business. I'm in the SFBayArea and San Jose isn't too far away and I have thought about this before after hearing horror stories on PCGS forums. I really don't care about all the legal aspect of it but Feebay's policies make it unfair for sellers. If anything I will take them to small claims court and have them send a paid legal representative is a victory for me. I believe that if they don't show up to represent themselves, I'll win.

Go for it...though your time is probably better spent..good luck.

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you print your First Class postage on paypal then Delivery Confirmation costs $.19. I put DC on everything I sell to US addresses, about 90 items per month on the average. But IMO it is not worth the trouble to sell anything for less than $20 or so.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the advice on who to watch out for. Now just a dumb question here, what negative consequences would come from receiving a neutral feedback? I only purchase the occasional thing off feebay and have never sold but I have heard about people complaining about receiving a neutral feedback. What is so bad about it, I always thought that neutral was neither good nor bad and thus should have no consequences.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
That Canadian Guy said:
Thanks for the advice on who to watch out for. Now just a dumb question here, what negative consequences would come from receiving a neutral feedback? I only purchase the occasional thing off feebay and have never sold but I have heard about people complaining about receiving a neutral feedback. What is so bad about it, I always thought that neutral was neither good nor bad and thus should have no consequences.

Neutral Feeback could be ok or bad. The problem is that Feebay allows anyone to write anything in the neutral section but profanity, links, political, or religious messages. Other than that it's fair game. The guy could write that I was a jerk seller if he wanted under neutral. He wrote that he can't recommend me and that I kept the coin (which highly offended me). What he wrote is basically is a negative disguised under neutral. I think that he knows if he wrote negative, it may be removed because he did get a refund. This hurts because it's recent.

The issue with neutral is that it stands out like a sore thumb like negatives. IF you look at someone's feedback, most people would be tempted to review it. I know I would if I was buying.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
penman77 said:
If you print your First Class postage on paypal then Delivery Confirmation costs $.19. I put DC on everything I sell to US addresses, about 90 items per month on the average. But IMO it is not worth the trouble to sell anything for less than $20 or so.

I thought it was okay until I got this guy. Tough lesson learned.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
ahsq said:
try ecrater.com
no fee.

Have you sold on there? I recall I put up a coin on Ebid years ago. No bidders for a long time so I just went back to Feebay.

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
Can't you write a reply to his feedback on ebay? You could say I gave buyer 100% refund, what more could he want?
If the rest of your feedback is positive this one feedback is not going to scare other buyers away. Most buyers realize that there are nut cases around who like to leave bad feedback and ding stars.
What kind of moron leaves a neutral or negative on a $2 transaction?
Taking ebay to small claims court isn't the answer.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
dp2013 said:
Can't you write a reply to his feedback on ebay? You could say I gave buyer 100% refund, what more could he want?
If the rest of your feedback is positive this one feedback is not going to scare other buyers away. Most buyers realize that there are nut cases around who like to leave bad feedback and ding stars.
What kind of moron leaves a neutral or negative on a $2 transaction?
Taking ebay to small claims court isn't the answer.

I did write a response. I wrote that the coin was shipped 12-16-11. Buyer said he didn't receive it and I gave a prompt refund. Over the years, I've read so many negatives about Feebay's feedback policies that this one finally got me. Everything finally added up and got to me. Yeah, it's a small thing but really the string of anti-seller policies were really making me mad. I just figured why not take them to court over it and stand up against something that is not fair. In reality, Feebay could do a simple thing and press the button to remove the message. I just don't get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread