Upvote 0
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they ask ill concider it, mining it is just dumping it in a dump truck and taking it away,, ill start on the permits and permission right away. but the richest stuff is 300 meters up the hill, i can take out product with no permit as long as i use hand tools, chip out the clay and tight line bucket loads down hill, no real cost.

???now what i need to know is , how do i separate the fine silver from the black sands. ???
the pictures show how there is some heavy rust, it also shows how big some of the silver is, there could be bigger chunks , but i assume most is smaller.
the clay just crumbles when its dry and pans out easy, could probably sluice it out. any placer miners out there who have some advise.

Attachments

• silverblacksand.jpg
    silverblacksand.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4,871
  • silverho.jpg
    silverho.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4,931
  • rustsilver.jpg
    rustsilver.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4,825

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm said:
If they ask ill concider it, mining it is just dumping it in a dump truck and taking it away,, ill start on the permits and permission right away. but the richest stuff is 300 meters up the hill, i can take out product with no permit as long as i use hand tools, chip out the clay and tight line bucket loads down hill, no real cost.

???now what i need to know is , how do i separate the fine silver from the black sands. ???
the pictures show how there is some heavy rust, it also shows how big some of the silver is, there could be bigger chunks , but i assume most is smaller.
the clay just crumbles when its dry and pans out easy, could probably sluice it out. any placer miners out there who have some advise.

If you are talking tons and tons of material, you truck it to an ore processing plant. Way too big of an operation to do by yourself.

I may have overestimated the size of your pay streak, because I was picturing a crane loading truckload after truckload of material to be processed.

Check out this site: http://www.newmont.com/mining/exploration/basic-ore-processing

Mining 101: http://www.newmont.com/mining

GG~

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
hmmm said:

If you want to keep it small and simple, but still want to run a profitable amount of material, I suggest going with a Trommel. There are some on Ebay that are tow-behind portable units and they are priced at $1000. The larger the trommel, the more they cost obviously...... However, there are plans on several sites that show you how to make one for yourself.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cap'n Crunch said:
hmmm said:

If you want to keep it small and simple, but still want to run a profitable amount of material, I suggest going with a Trommel. There are some on Ebay that are tow-behind portable units and they are priced at $1000. The larger the trommel, the more they cost obviously...... However, there are plans on several sites that show you how to make one for yourself.
:hello2: captain
your my new hero

Attachments

• captain.jpg
    captain.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 6,189

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Wow! That is really really nice of you to say that. I am glad I can help, if you would like for me to send you any other information, I have tons of plans, and methods of mining downloaded on my computer..... it's virtually a library's worth of information. Just tell me what you need, and I'll send it right to you.

Congratulations on your new discovery and venture, this is going to be one awesome ride for you, enjoy it! Not many people get this chance at a rich deposit, work the heck out of it!

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2:cool, I could use some plans to sluice fine , 4 mm , concentrates of silver. i need the best size of riffels and the right distance between them. ???

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bet the claim this blue ground has 10 lbs of silver per tonne. :hello:

Attachments

• bluelead.jpg
    bluelead.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 4,665
  • lostsilverplacermine.jpg
    lostsilverplacermine.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 4,661
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astrobouncer said:
Is that The Lost Hardin Silver Placer? :laughing7:
I could pann a couple of pann loads of the blue and get enough silver for some bullets, so i would say, yes.
20 years ago i panned the creek about a mile down stream with my hard hat and thought we had a pann load of pyrite, never thought it would be silver. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can see how they placed this large peice of quartz up against the bolder at the end of the pool, with a faster water flow, you can work the course tailings that come from the sluice box, which sits above the crusher. At the end of the day , you then clean out the course gold sittng on the bottom of the pool. the bolder with the pick on it in the picture, is the pestol and morter, just think bigger, they would hang a giant bolder above the pestol, and use it as a morter. it is a old placer mine, the bolders are in place to clean out the hole and keep the blue lead exposed for a long long time. The peice of the dyke from the main mine sits just below the edge of the blue ground, this marks where the spanish stoped.
:laughing9: Its John Swift and the lost spanish silver mine. the peice of the dike , the slab of quartz and the next pe3ice just up stream are just more markers, . the other markers camn be found with all "dem boards" :laughing9:
next week we get the assay back on this second blue lead, should be good.
:hello2: If any one lives near vancover island and has a trommel they want to test .
Bring it down , we will set it up in a rock pitt and pump some blue lead through it. . Ill give you some silver for your trouble "AA"
:icon_thumleft:.

Attachments

• slabige.jpg
    slabige.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 4,474
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:
Good thin i didnt bet.
low silver content so far
but it has , on the surface, :laughing7:
::) 1.15 gpt au, 1.28 gpt pt, 1.80 gpt pd. ::)

Attachments

• blueleadassay.jpg
    blueleadassay.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 4,252
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an update and some history.
in 1985 we followed some color and a local story, it led us to the back side of a mountain, we knew we found it so we staked it. when we found the source , just above a logging road, we knew we struck it, but we had competition, loggers, driving past us, we could see them through the forest;. what we found was amassing, a placer Pitt , the walls where blue, we bought a dredge and started to mine. we where stopped by the gov,"you cant placer mine on a hard rock claim. "
we respected the law, and stopped, we had 1 nugget and left the mine safe and began staking and prospecting the front of the mountain for the Spanish mine. we went back the next year only to be stopped by the loggers, they had fallen the forest and where yarding over the old mine. they had to have seen our gigging and had to know it was a old mine site.
in the past 2 months we have been digging out the old slide, its odd, its all sand. what we are finding is evidence the loggers had done some placer mining, then they filled the placer hole with logs. the forests have all been logged and the river that we where going to destroy has been destroyed by logging.
the first picture is the mine the way we found it, the second it the crap they threw in the placer Pitt. our gold is to dig out the placer hole and the sand. when we dig the hole out we can get another sample to test, i would bet the gold will be more then a few grams per tonne.
i guess this brings us to laws , who is allowed to break the law, the loggers did what we where not allowed to do.

Attachments

• hoswammen.jpg
    hoswammen.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 4,235
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 4,203

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only against the law if you get caught. :tongue3:
But it's plain to see that the loggers were up to something.

GG~

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they dug, then burried the evidance, they never got caught, but whats funny is , they did not know the story about what lies under the slide. i do . ill keep yous posted as we dig out the real treasure.

Attachments

• slide1.jpg
    slide1.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 4,123
  • bluelead2.jpg
    bluelead2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 4,146

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
Man this is a great story.
I live in eastern Wa, so in the greater picture, not all that far away. In the future, when I'm up north I will be watching out for that blue clay. I intend on doing some nugget shooting up where gold has been panned and sluiced in the past.

Jeff

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Jeff :coffee2:
we hit the pay dirt , time for a new assay. we are gettin gold flecks but have not hit the bed rock.
;D

Attachments

• paydirt.jpg
    paydirt.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 4,002

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
I love this stuff.
It is great to see someone hit a good find. And, I do not mean a silver dollar at 10".

I had done a little panning as a teen and gave the 2 flakes to the wonderfull man who took us out. I have recently got back into treasure hunting and the prospecting is part of it.

I will be up north in the spring where gold has been panned before (panned, sluiced and dredged).
I just got off the phone with my moms husband and he has really been pounding his brain with my new hobby... Just thinking of the places he has found gold in the past.

I'M GONNA BE RICH!!! Well with the friendship and fun anyhow. But the dream and goal are always a big strike.

Hard work and diligence will pay off. (just maybe not financialy)

HH
Jeff

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
Hey have you run across any other colers of clay associated with gold?

Thanks
Jeff

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TURNMASTER said:
Hey have you run across any other colers of clay associated with gold?

Thanks
Jeff

:hello2: and merry christmas. :icon_santa:

i have not, however the clay i have is diferent shades of blue, some dark some light..
its treasure time again, we are going to hit a 1904 cabin site this christmas, should be fun.
could be a nail, could be a coin.
:evil6: its like gold, if you do not look , you will not find. :occasion16:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions