What's new

Blue Glass Lens

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
9,197
Reaction score
33,138
Golden Thread
0
Location
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know what this lens came off of? It has to be ornamental I'd think. Blue is not a color for car lights, airplanes, or boats that I know of. Gary

blue lens.webp
 
Since you posted the picture I’ve spent several hours searching and looked at hundreds of lenses and one thing they all have in common is the have a uniform thickness unlike what you have. I’m not sure what it is but I’m pretty confident it’s not a lense.
 
Upvote 0
I looked at a gazilion of them this morning and nothing even close could be found.
 
Upvote 0
Could be aviation related. Only taxiway lights use blue lens, runways will be white or clear. End identifying lights will be red and alternating red and white in the last 1000’ or 3000’ feet of runway.
 

Attachments

  • 3BEB62E5-12CB-4070-A34E-8F44331666D4.webp
    3BEB62E5-12CB-4070-A34E-8F44331666D4.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom