What's new

Bobcat in Texas shot with an iPhone

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter text these to me the Friday before last. I didn't think about posting them, until JG said something about boys and girls taking pictures of cats. He has some theory about girls take pictures of one kind of cat and boys take pictures of other kinds of cats. ??? Anyways, my daughter only had her iPhone on hand when the chance came to see this animal. I asked her why she didn't have her good Canon on hand? She said it's in the pawn shop and I didn't want to ask you for more money again in a boohoo way. I told that's good, your now thinking of ways to survive on your own :thumbsup:. Hopefully she'll be able to get it out a hock? I'm going to visit her this month for her birthday, so maybe I'll be nice and help out on some with that situation?
 

Attachments

  • Resized952017082595161204.webp
    Resized952017082595161204.webp
    184.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Resized952017082595161208.webp
    Resized952017082595161208.webp
    189.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Resized952017082595161231.webp
    Resized952017082595161231.webp
    172.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Not to bad for a telephone. That still blows tired old brain cells, telephones taking pictures. The picture out of the phone looked a little fuzzy to me, so I tried to sharpen it up. Hope she doesn't mind.
bobcat.webp
 
Yeah, That's a bit better. If it was me with my camera Ida got a pretty good close of it compared to a phone cam. I'm sure she wouldn't mind it is what it is. She certainly had to have wished she had her good camera on hand. She's pretty good with Photoshop also.
 
Last edited:
Beautiful animal :icon_thumleft:
 
Took a shot at it as well...not sure it's any improvement over Bosn's.

Cameras on phones have such a small sensor that it's as much about the
internal image software as it is the lens. There's only so much that small
sensor can capture, and the software fills in the rest.

Nikon is releasing their newest full-frame DSLR, the D850. Specs are amazing!
(sadly, so is the price tag...)

Resized952017082595161204-2.webp
 
At least it's good enough to determine it was a Bobcat she saw and yes a superior camera on hand sure would have been nice. I've seen two bobcats from road ever and both were in southern New Mexico. I've also seen two Mountain Lions. One on hwy 28 east of Farson, Wyoming and the other just south of Questa, New Mexico on hwy 522. Both were out on the road ahead of me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom