D Diggindennis Full Member Joined Nov 18, 2018 Messages 141 Reaction score 500 Golden Thread 0 Location North Carolina Detector(s) used Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2020 #1 I found this strange thing today while looking for artifacts on a river bank..found where I have found many native american artifacts and some from the 1800s..hopefully someone can tell me what it is
I found this strange thing today while looking for artifacts on a river bank..found where I have found many native american artifacts and some from the 1800s..hopefully someone can tell me what it is
Older The Better Silver Member Joined Apr 24, 2017 Messages 3,833 Reaction score 8,098 Golden Thread 0 Location south east kansas Detector(s) used Whites Eagle Spectrum Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2020 #2 Turtle shell... coulda been dinner I’ve got a site where they seemed to really like to eat turtles Upvote 0
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,020 Reaction score 28,175 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 6, 2020 #3 It looks like an animal tooth to me. Dave Upvote 0
Older The Better Silver Member Joined Apr 24, 2017 Messages 3,833 Reaction score 8,098 Golden Thread 0 Location south east kansas Detector(s) used Whites Eagle Spectrum Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 6, 2020 #4 Upvote 0
G Georgivs Bronze Member Joined May 16, 2018 Messages 1,016 Reaction score 2,321 Golden Thread 0 Location Athens Georgia Detector(s) used Garret AT pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 6, 2020 #5 Near the Edisto river? I've found tons of turtle shell fossils and lots of artifacts in that area. Huge pieces of pottery and this point. Upvote 0
Near the Edisto river? I've found tons of turtle shell fossils and lots of artifacts in that area. Huge pieces of pottery and this point.
civil_war22 Relic Recovery Specialist Joined Dec 5, 2008 Messages 3,257 Reaction score 2,815 Golden Thread 1 Location NW Arkansas 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Fisher F75 SE/LTD2, minelab Etrac, whites classic id, spectrum xlt, fisher f7, fisher 1266, king of all Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher 1280-X, minelab equinox, Fisher F75+ Garrett AT MAX Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 6, 2020 #6 Most definitely turtle shell. Looks to be quite old as well. Upvote 0
D Diggindennis Full Member Joined Nov 18, 2018 Messages 141 Reaction score 500 Golden Thread 0 Location North Carolina Detector(s) used Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 6, 2020 Thread Owner #7 Turtle shell it is then thanks guys Upvote 0