What's new

bone points

oldgoat

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Messages
540
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
I know from watching this forum that there have been bone and antler points found by some of the members, what I would like to see is what have you found.... and a bit of the story that goes with them. pics from different angles if you have them....thanks in advance....goat
 
Upvote 0
ok goat, oh wait, i meant here you are you old goat,
there are 5 of them in the center row
i will look for some more
steve
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0182.webp
    IMG_0182.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0347.webp
    IMG_0347.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0715.webp
    IMG_0715.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 331
a few more
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0435.webp
    IMG_0435.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 335
Old Goat, I have a bunch of them but I'll have to wait until I get back to work on Weds evening to put on the pictures. All of my good pics are stored on my computer there.
 
SRV said:
Old Goat, I have a bunch of them but I'll have to wait until I get back to work on Weds evening to put on the pictures. All of my good pics are stored on my computer there.
[/quot
thanks srv, cant wait
 
thank you larson, those were some I was thinking of.....knew I could count on you.
C'mon folks, I know there are more out there....goat
 
Okay, here are some of my Deer Antler Arrowpoints. We don't find the "V: shaped one like Steve does in North Dakota. All of ours are made from Deer Antler tines that have been hollowed out and most if them are sharpened to a tip, but some aren't and may have actually been Flakers.

The third picture shows one with the Drill Tip broken off inside of it during manufacture and the last picture shows one that has already been drilled out and they are just starting to shave it down to a point.
 

Attachments

  • Feurt Site Finds (173).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (173).webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Feurt Site Finds (120).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (120).webp
    51 KB · Views: 235
  • Feurt Site Collection (85).webp
    Feurt Site Collection (85).webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Antler Point With Drill Tip.webp
    Antler Point With Drill Tip.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Antler Points 2.webp
    Antler Points 2.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Antler Points 1.webp
    Antler Points 1.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Feurt Site Finds (220).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (220).webp
    171.6 KB · Views: 233
  • Feurt Site Finds (184).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (184).webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Feurt Site Finds (50).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (50).webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 238
  • Feurt Site Finds (120).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (120).webp
    51 KB · Views: 220
  • 630210 finds (3).webp
    630210 finds (3).webp
    102.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Feurt Site Collection (85).webp
    Feurt Site Collection (85).webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Hamilton County Ft Ancient (28).webp
    Hamilton County Ft Ancient (28).webp
    66 KB · Views: 229
  • Hamilton County Ft Ancient (22).webp
    Hamilton County Ft Ancient (22).webp
    98.1 KB · Views: 241
  • Antler Point With Drill Tip.webp
    Antler Point With Drill Tip.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 255
  • Antler Points 2.webp
    Antler Points 2.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Antler Points 1.webp
    Antler Points 1.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Feurt Site Finds (173).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (173).webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Feurt Site Finds (220).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (220).webp
    171.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Feurt Site Finds (184).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (184).webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Feurt Site Finds (50).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (50).webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 217
Steve: Those points are Fantastic! Love Them!
Steve or anyone: We simply don't find bone points here ( SC ). Bone tools a few that's come out of water, but I have never seen a bone points anywhere around here before. Some of yours look like they are made out of deer antlers. Unless the piece ends up in water or buried in mud the rodents chew them up. Thanks for showing them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom