What's new

Booyah! Bountiful Bunch of Bullion thanks to Brinks and B of A

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Stopped at the local B of A to get some cash. Wandered in, and the wonderful teller waved me over and said my four boxes were in, and then asked me if I would like them to hold them until next week, which is when they said the boxes would arrive.

After the obvious answer, she also handed me an Ike, and asked if I wanted the 17 hand rolls that she amassed over the last few days. Of course, I took them all!

The four boxes were Brinks, with the brown rolls. This was a little unusual, since I usually get Yellow String Rolls; no worries on my part, I just thought it was a little strange.

The 17 hand rolls were skunks. I thought this was a bit unusual for this bank, but that just meant I needed to move on to the boxes.

The first box was a skunk, with several marked coins. Hmm...that's not totally unexpected, but a little stange.

The second box was a skunk also, with several marked coins, and one 2003 proof that someone took a knife blade to. Grrr...those fiends at Brinks better not be culling the silver...I hope I do not get skunked....grrr...

When I opened the third box, I felt better. I saw about 12 rolls that had silver showing on the ends. I set those aside for later, and started in on the rest of the rolls. The rolls started paying out big time. Nearly every roll contained silver, and many of the rolls contained 3-8 silvers each!!

The fourth box payed out also! As I neared the end of the box, I was actually getting tired of pulling the silver out of the rolls (that's sad but true).

In the end, I ended up with 248 40%ers., and 1 90% That's a major score any day of the week. The fact that this is my second "dream score" is pretty cool also. I figure this was someone's collection, or whatever was left over "after they took all of the silver (pre-1965) out".

Part of me wants to run to the bank and order another bunch of boxes tomorrow, but I am sure the rest of this "dump" are already released into the wild.

So this is my second MAJOR score, and I am pretty darn pleased.

Happy hunting.
 
Upvote 0
Yeup, that's a good box, congrats; my best was my first one it had 264 in it my next best was 43, still looking for my second big one, though did actually do better in a big hand roll find of 419 %40's once, about 5 weeks after my big box find.
 
Great Score.

You really must post pictures of your pride & joy.

Mojo
 
I agree about the pics...need to see the silver. Congrats

Golden Silver
 
Woah! STD that's CrAzY! Do you try to torture us? WE NEED PICTURES! lol Now THAT'S a score! :headbang:
 
WTG, now i bet you were wishing you ordered more boxes :)
 
Wow STD is that contagious? I hope so...wait, no I don't...Uh maybe I do. Hold on, do I? I'm not sure? I'm sooooo Confused!
 
PD,

I should probably clarify the meaning of my "handle", it was meant to imply "Silver Tongued Devil", not "STD; Evil"...
 
Nice score devil!
Where do you hail from. A few weeks ago I was finding 03s and 05s that some mor-on had taken a knife to. carved Xs on every one. I'm in North Cacalacky.
HH
Gilbert
 
I am from the good Washington. i.e. not the Washington where the politicians are...
 
what a week some of you CRHers are having.
 
Whew, I was hopin there was an explanation that didn't include penicilin. Nice score!
 
STDevil said:
I am from the good Washington. i.e. not the Washington where the politicians are...
Nuff said.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom