Boston NAILED. !!!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to live there....
Stay warm my friend

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
BEWARE GLOBAL WARMING! BEWARE GLOBAL WARMING!! :protest:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0787.JPG

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I wrote this before in some other thread, but when we got stranded in Arkansas for the winter (a couple years ago), we saw nearly the entire area shut down just on the THREAT of possible ice! Ended up not being any ice whatsoever that day, yet about half of the businesses never even opened. That'd be a bit difficult for me to handle, and I'm not one who likes to take chances.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actual temps are projected to be minus 21 here this weekend. Not a record for us, but you never get used to that kind of cold.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Coldest I've experienced here (and in my life!) was -50.6°F!! There was NO wind, fortunately. Was some sort of freak occurrence where super-cooled air dropped down from up high in the shape of a T, and the T followed the borders of ND, MN and Canada. This was about 6-7 years ago, I think. Now I love the cold, but only to a point! Don't ever care to experience that again!!

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Yup, You guys that are warm all year kill me. Anyone want a Boarder. I'll move in next week.!!! :tongue3: You guys would never last here. BUUUUTTT I guess it's where you grew up. I could never 90F Plus all year round. I'd die. Our bodies are "conditioned" to where We live. It is truth that if you were to take an Eskimo and bring him here he would literally die in a year. Their bodies just can't handle it. They even go swiming in the Arctic waters.!!! Us, we'd all die. What say ye Folks?? PEACE:RONB

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I was born and raised in Texas. Had my first experience with a "real" winter when I lived in northern Finland for nearly a year. Learned about Finnish sauna. One time I even went straight from the sauna and rolled around in a snow bank for a few minutes before heading back in. It really is invigorating, but definitely not anything I'd try at this age of my life!!

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Yup, Boston today & tomorrow are going to be the coldest days in the History of Boston with Wind Chills at -25F and 60mph winds. It's CRAZY Folks. I pray for all who are effected by this weather. Stay Warm & Safe. God Bless. PEACE:RONB

Lived in Boston once and accidentally made a wrong left hand turn. Figured I'd go around the block to get back on track....... 3 days later wound up in New Hampshire:laughing7:

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel their pain, born and raised in central Mass ( Worcester)MA Been there and done that
now in Tampa Bay Fl - its 80 here
Brady

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gone ice fishing when it was 10 degrees out, so I don't sweat it. I've also gone metal detecting when it was 25 out with 10 inches of snow on the ground. No big deal once you get acclimated to it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go! It was a toasty 20 degrees on this day! I think this was in 2013, but not positive.

auger boy.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DON'T ASK WHY.... but one late evening my hunting buddy called and asked me "Would you like to hunting tomorrow morning"? This was in Southwestern MI. in St. Joseph Co. It's now late December with 2 days of deer hunting left. Sure I say..??? That particular morning it was +5 above zero. COLD!!!!

We were bow hunting and when we got to our stands I actually wanted to leave even before daylight. Right at daylight (barely) I shot a small 6 pt. buck. When I was field dressing it the slight wind absolutely FROZE my hands quickly. When I was done I went over to a frozen over creek about 20 yds. away and chopped away till I could get my hands into the WATER! It felt like 80 degree "warm" water. Hard to believe but any water above 32 degrees WAS WARM at the time!!! Coldest kill I ever made.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Limitool; Soounds like it almost killed you. !!! PEACE:RONB :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread